1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks best hosting deals?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikey, 13 Apr 2006.

1. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

hey,

not sure if ive put this in the right place (and if i havent sorry in advance) but i couldnt see anywhere that covered hosting etc...

am looking to get a new host for my site, i used to use UKhost4u which have been unreliable, poor customer service and a bit of a nightmare..however the price was good at the time.

so am looking or a good priced host (am in UK) for my site, any suggestions :confused:

thanks in advance :thumb:

2. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

How much do you want to spend?

3. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

I've been using 4-S for nearly a year and haven't seen any significant downtime. £25 is a bit of a bargain for the service offered too.

4. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I've been using Site5 for shared hosting for a while now. Service seems pretty reliable and there's a lot of included services with the packages.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I'm also using 4-S and also K1Z. I'd recomend them both.

6. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

erm..i would be happy spending £60 MAX a month but less would always be better!

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Another 4-s "customer" here :) Just to add, custom/different packages are also available. Just drop them an email if you have any special requirements

8. Tarff

Tarff What's a Dremel?

www.dreamhost.com always have a coupon which takes their packages down to a daft amount, something like £16 for the year it cost me I think.

9. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

I use atm Asmall Orange http://asmallorange.com Im moving to (Not becuase service actually ive had no downtime ive been there a year and when you submit a ticket its answered almost immediatly) http://1and1.com just cuase they seem to have a better deal going. (Bussiness 100GB, 1TB transfer, $10mo)

10. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

4-s looks good, what kind of domains are available through 4-s?

11. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

I use 1and1 for my hosting - I have had no problems, but then, I've only just started using it and haven't even slightly tested it. I chose 1and1 on the basis of awesome feedback from the intarrw3b though.

AH

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If you search the Networking forum you'll find many 'which host' threads...

It helps if you give an idea of required bandwidth and any features required.

13. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

any idea if Streamline.net are any good?

i have been recommended them by a friend..

erm bandwidth is a good question, as i dont know how popular the site is going to be yet. am look @ middle of the road sized bandwidth so i can upgrade if it went BIG without much extra cost. features am not fused about but price and reliability i am

i will do a search now, sorry i didnt search networking yet but i only searched the development and gen cat, didnt think that there would hosting would go in networking, thought that was more a LAN thing.

14. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I just bought a domain from 1&1 .... Does it normally take ages to get the registration to get processed?

15. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I just bought a domain and some webspace from 4-s. But when I click "control panel" I get "this page cannot be displayed" will this sort itself?

16. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

You should recieve a confirmation email shortly, this will detail how to access your control panel.

17. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Yep, I did. Sorry, I got worried becuase it took so long for the email to come through. Now I just have to wait for the DNS to update and I'm on my way :D

18. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

i use goscomb.co.uk they are GREAT i pay £10 a month i get 10gb webspace and 150gb a month bandwidth

Tags: