News EA announces Command and Conquer 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 21 Apr 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Tiberium Sun = awesome. Generals = not so awesome. If Tiberium wars fixes the core balance issue (that being that the first with tanks basically wins), should be fun :naughty:

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I played only the first two Episodes. After that the game became boring, because there was nothing improved anymore.

AOE3 is so far the best RTS in my opinnion. The hometown-feature is soo cool :thumb:

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Oh yeah Baby bring it on!!!!!! Cant wait for the next C&C. I was starting to wonder if they had scrapped C&C as there has not been a new game for a while now.

I have every single C&C game and addon and still play them all to this day. I have a old pc with win 95 on it just so I can still play the original C&C and Redalert as I cant get them to run correctly in XP.

Oh what a game. C&C & Battlefield are my all time fav game series. Cant beat either. :)

Hope they make C&C TW bigger with even more units and maps :p

5. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

seeing as this is still EA theres a 90% chance its going to suck ass just like generals :(

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I dunno, I played through all C&C titles and didn't really like any of them.
    I hate the fact that you cannot scroll the map with arrow keys, and it just doesn't have enough keyboard shortcuts for me to play fast enough. I suppose I got spoilt with Total Annihilation in that respect - I still think that's one of the best RTS games out there.

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I've been waiting for this ever since I got the "sneek preview" email from EA about a year ago.

8. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Ditto!

I hope it's good, i've been neglecting RTS games in the past few years :rolleyes:

Anyone got any recent news on the new Total Annihilation game?

9. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

hmm, I think I'm the only person here who actually likes playing generals lol. Although I do admit that the expansion Zero Hour *should* have been the original game.

All in all, the ideas getting a bit old for *another* CnC, but I'll porbably end up buying it anyway...

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I rarely ever touch any EA based PC game, they just suck arse.
    Making generals how they did alienated the actual C&C fans imo.

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

not interested.. made by EA who put the westwood name on the craptacular genrals.

12. Kaboom22

Kaboom22 Minimodder

Please don't screw this up EA :-(

Fingers crossed its RA3

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

All the games were excellent until they moved onto the graphics engine in Generals, don't know why it just didn't seem right.

Red alaert 1,2 and tiberium sun were my favourite by far.

14. lepre

lepre Minimodder

EA SUCKS

and renegade was the way! (it was just buggy :()

this is not going to be a real C&C, it has just the name. and the game?...well...why don't they just continue to make those stupid sports game and leave the right guys do the right games?

15. Zero82z

Zero82z What's a Dremel?

I would prefer Red Alert 3, but I'll probably get this game anyways. I've been waiting years for a decent update to the C&C series, hopefully this'll be it. That said, I'll wait for a demo before I decide to buy it. I don't trust EA enough to blindly give them my money without first making sure they deserve it.

16. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Agreed. I wasn't too fond of Generals, but I found it a great time-waster every now-and-again. Now, the OG C&C and the classic RA and RA2, there's genius.

Bring on Tiberium Wars!!! :rock:

17. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

ive been enjoying act of war

its a superb game, its got a few quirks, but all the controlls are very similar to generals. the graphics are in a different league though, and the addition of those part CG action scenes is actually quite good, and make the story line believable.

however 8 player skirmish did bring my computer to its knees, then again i probably shouldnt of put the money cheat in and built 40 cruise missiles...:)

gonna pick up the expansion pack shortly as that looked well good

18. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

RA2: Eagle Red Mod was brilliant...infact im gonna go play now :p....

oh cant wait for more C&C games, lets just hope EA dosent screw up again! tho i did enjoy generals every now and then

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

YESSSSSSSSSSSS :D
    This should be good.

20. Otacon

Otacon What's a Dremel?

I to would be sceptical about ea doing C&C properly. The engine for generals just never seemed to fit the game and the story was abysmal.

Lets hope it does justice to the original C&C plotline and world. Some missions as hard as the original would be nice to as the new ones we're far to simple. (I still can't complete all the missions in the Covert Operations add on for the original)

One thing that annoyed me ever since i read this game was in development though is its name. Why does ea need to put the name war in it.

The first ones full name was Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn.
    Then you have Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.
    So now we should have Command & COnquer: Tiberian Dusk

It's long been speculated that the name should be Tiberian Dusk or something similar.

Tiberian War just does not fit the game although I'll end up buying it anyway.

However they could prove me completly wrong and produce a game worth of the franchise for a change..... Here's hopeing.

Sorry I went on a bit there. :D

Tags: Add Tags