1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Command and Conquer

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 25 Apr 2006.

1. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I got that issue in the mail on SFriday. The actual magazine imagines look WAY beter then the scans do. I can't wait :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm pretty sure this will be a fun RTS, but I'm sceptical if it will be deserving of it's C&C name.

Generals for me, is a really fun RTS game, but a C&C game it is not, I hope they don't make the same mistake twice.

3. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

looks like it could be impressive. I have yet to play a game that can beat warcraft 3 for real time strategy but i pray one will come along simply for a new experience and the chance to relive the era of a great game from beginning to end.

4. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

i've only played red alert and found that really rubbish, and am more of a battle for middle earth kind of person (number two is pretty darn good)

seriously, the graphics were worse than gameboy's ( no i have a very good graphics card)

so....would any of you command and conquerers advise me to check out the other games or not

Last edited: 1 May 2006
  5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well red alert is a very very old game. They are good games, they have thier flaws (the gameplay is a bit shallow, it's just really a case of build more units faster, but there is strategy in it). I'd advise you to at least try them out.

Why do they say that they've got a new feature lined up called World Domination tour based on the War of the Ring mode from bfme2? World Domination Tour was in RA2, and was alot of fun.

6. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Best. C&C. Ever!

7. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

I think ill have to get it ;) seen as though im a HUGE fan of C&C.

8. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

So which command and conquer games are after red alert 2 ??

World domination....is that stopping the russians from killing the allies??

If so, RA2's W.D was absolutely rubbish

9. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

the only ones i could possibly think of was Generals and the expansion pack.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah just Generals and the Zero Hour expansion after RA2, Generals was the first 3D C&C game.

World Domination tour is an online multiplayer game, where you have a map of the world and you chose a side your side, pick an area of the world to fight in, and if enough people on your team win enough battles in an area, that area gets taken over by your team.

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i've also heard that the game "Act of War" is supposed to be pretty good as well.

12. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

IIRC the order goes

Dune 2
    C&C + Covert Ops
    Red Alert, + counterstrike and aftermath
    C&C 2: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
    Dune2000 ( Think this goes here)
    Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge
    Emperor
    Generals + Zero Hour

And Dune2 (especially the hacked and cracker Super Dune II) and the original C&C were the best imo.

Dune 2000 and Emperor were a big let down for me, but I'm one of those die hard fans that hates deviation from the original plots set out in books.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I think we going slightly off topic hear, rofl, oh well, we can only wait and hope that EA make a good game

Tags: