1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First Mod: Bubble tower water cooling (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by veryevil, 22 Apr 2006.

1. _Dan_

_Dan_ What's a Dremel?

aaw cool, going to have to keep my eye out for one of those :dremel:

2. Touchwood

Touchwood What's a Dremel?

If you place the radiator outside of your case, your system will run even cooler, because the heat that is transferred from the circulating water is currently being disipated into the air inside your case.

3. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

Yeah this summer im gonna mount the pump, rad and 120mil fan in a little box so it keeps the noise of the pump down and the fan cools it and the rad

4. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

Good job, i like the HUGE pump being used.

With a bit of wire managment, and some way of getting the water tubes out of the case other thanthe other side panel, it would e great.

Have you considered water cooling other parts other than the CPU? The pump, def could manage it.

IMO the top of the water tube looks a bit unrefined, the tube entering it looks out of palce, and the ball(?) at the top looks outa place.

5. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

Wondering if some one would notice the top. Slight accident with that, problem with the first hole we drilled had to cut the top off although it was difficult to cut straight.

I would really love to get my X850 Pro (16pipes bios modded) on water have had it from 500/1000 up to 535/1200 on air! But full coolers (ram and gpu) cost like £60 (see http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_...rs-/alphacool-mcx-ati-x8xx-complete-set:.html)