1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox Live gets updated with Message Center

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 3 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

is the guy who commented from microsoft stuck in the 70's??

it looks like the 360 is becomming more of a communications/entertainment hub than just playing games.

[flamesuit] is this microsoft trying to hide the fact that the 360 will be full of PC/PS2/PS3 ports and re-makes of other games that have made them loads of money in the past. [/flamesuit]

i do agree that some extra features are good, but its a games console, can you chat during a game? doubt it. i'd rather use my PC to chat via Messenger etc than use a 360. and only 25 messages a day (if they arnt in your friends list), ok that sounds alot but when you next chat on msn see how many reply you type, it will be more than 25.

i think they should be concertrating on online gameplay, better servers, more people per game than adding a chat/messenger type thing

3. landi_uk

landi_uk What's a Dremel?

Yes, you can voice chat in any game in a seperate private channel. I'd much rather voice chat instead of all the damn typing. When it comes down to it, I don't like MSN on the PC as it leaves you open to to many ways of people screwing with your system including DoS attacks.

4. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

i do agree MSM is a bit pap, bit it was the only one i could think of at the time, i should have said any generic IM utility.

5. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

The argument can be made that Oblivion was ported over to the PC as the controls and menus have more of a console feel to them then PC.

6. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

Seems odd to have limits on the number of messages like that. I suppose it is to prevent spamming and spam bots but still. Why not just have it be like IM?

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've noticed it's only enabled if you're logged in under the U.S. side of the site.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To switch, click on International and select United States.

Tags: Add Tags