1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony's PS1 Emulator for the PSP?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by OrochiEX, 13 May 2006.

1. OrochiEX

OrochiEX What's a Dremel?

aparantly someone told me that Sony are developing a ps1 emulator for the PSP
    has anyone has heard anything about this???
    well, being able to play the old classics such as final fanasy VII or grand turismo 2 would be awsome... :D but it just seems too good to be true. infact, i wouldnt be supprised if it got hacked (as usual) within a week :sigh:

ah, and hi to all you forum guys :p

PS- can we not use an image in our signitures??? if not, then i have to create a new one :wallbash: :miffed: :waah:

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I haven't heard much, but I think there was another post around that said something around $15 per game for the PSX Emulator on the PSP. No doubt people are going to hack, and I'm sure the usual slew of the illegal apps will appear to those less inclined to purchase the same game again just for the PSP.

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I would quite happily swap all of the current PSP titles for the entire back catalogue of PSX games. This sounds almost too good to be true, I expect Sony to somehow keep this from us as long as possible. Just a feeling..

4. nphekted

nphekted What's a Dremel?

5. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

If you can't use the PSX games you already own, I will disown Sony.(Until the PS3 comes down in price :) )

6. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Trust me, as cool as it would be to use the PSX game you already own there is no plausible way to do so lol. Unless you can rip an image of the game drop into an ISO loader for the PSP and make it work with the emulator somehow. Infact....it would be nice if sony made some form of software for doing so legitmately with pre-owned PSX games, but the abuse factor of something like that far outweighs the profitable potential of it (if any now that I think about it haha). It really depends on which games Sony is able to use on the PSX emulator. Now that I think about it..why don't they just port them to UMD as an asssortment of Gamepacks (A few games on each UMD for a price as apposed to the whole Emulator thing). I'm thinking to hard on this subject...Weekend boredom at work I suppose.

7. b3r53k3r

b3r53k3r What's a Dremel?

Wow! I hope it's true! I still miss some of the PS1 classics!
    But I agree that this is not very nice for sony!

8. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Yeah, heard about this, but no real firm news to my mind.

Although I'm just guessing - you'll download the PSX games to the memory stick from Sony Online. If they're doing the whole back catalog, then the ISO's can't be much different from the original otherwise it'd take to long for Sony. Surely that means you 'could' rip the PSX games you've got on disk to a memory stick?

Ach, guess time will tell.

Tags: