1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLI Problem: no signal with two cards installed

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by JMB, 17 May 2006.

1. JMB

JMB What's a Dremel?

I have the following problem: I have two Geforce 6800 videocards which ran in my SLI setup fine until recently. I exchanged the power supply from an Enermax 500W to a Yesico fanless 550W psu. Since then I can not get the videocards running anymore. I changed back the psu but the problem remains.

When I place both videocards, I do not get a signal to my monitor when I connect the vga connector to the first (blue slot) videocard. The system boots up fine and I get no error messages (voice or bios beeps). When I change the vga connector to the second card, I do get a working signal. I swapped the videocards, but still the same result. In Windows, I only see one videocard (I now have both cards installed with the vga connecter connected to the second card)

When I put in one videocard in the first slot and set up the system to a single GPU setting, I get a working signal, with either videocard.
    I have reset the bios, checked the EZ-board, connected the extra power supply input on the motherboard, placed the SLI connector over the cards and I can think of no further options. Could any of you please give me more advise on what to do?

My specs are the following:
    A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3200+
    2 x Corsair 512 MB RAM
    Enermax ALT500W PSU
    2 x Geforce 6800 videocards

No further unusual components connected.

2. zinger

zinger What's a Dremel?

It is possible the psu has damaged the board, I read of a simular fault on another forum some time ago. Try your cards in another SLI board if you have one or a mates. Failing that try reinstalling Windows.