1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics RF remote for multiple switches

Discussion in 'Modding' started by eltinio, 23 May 2006.

1. eltinio

eltinio What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for an easy way to creat ore a standard kit for doing the following:

I want to use RF to switch 4 relay's on and off and alsow 2 pulse switches.

I can't program a PIC ore an AVR so i need something like an kit ore something that i can mod to fit my needs.

2. agent420

agent420 What's a Dremel?

The kits I have seen usually offer 4 or 8 channels. You probably need an 8 channel kit like this with the matching relay board.

tip... these kits are offered by a variety of retailers, if you Google the kit # you're interested in you may find it cheaper or at a shop closer to you.

[edit]

If you have some electronic experience, you can probably hack your own relay board together. Look at the schematic in the manual to see how they are driving the relays. You'll need the reciever module anyway.

Last edited: 23 May 2006
  3. eltinio

eltinio What's a Dremel?

You need to add the receiver module to make it an remote board.

I already saw it but i was in doubt if it has an way to switch from on/off to pulse.

I had an kit with IR ,that i wrecked by overloading it, but if i removed an diode i would become a pulse switch and with it i was an on/off switch.

something like this : http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/K6711

4. agent420

Is that not what you need? Or just use the remote module and build your own.
    What made me think it was appropriate was "toggle or momentary mode for each key ". Momentary mode sounds like it could be used for pulse generation.

IR is probabhly cheaper, but you mentioned rf...

5. eltinio

eltinio What's a Dremel?

IR is cheaper and more sets available but i RF will give me a bigger range. Something around 10 meters.

6. agent420

I think that would work for you. There is a pic controller on the relay board that interprets the signals from the rf transmitter. From the description of the items, I infer that the bundle of transmitter, reciever and relay board are capable of what you require, including pulse switching, but will obviously cost more than the ir kit you had previously. But if you need the range...

I did a quick Google at places like Ramsey etc., but this kit seems to be the most available that has the functionality you specify.

7. eltinio

eltinio What's a Dremel?

Ok, i know a shop in my own country where they've got the remote and the board and they can probably get the rf transmitter.

But does anybody know if i can turn one ore 2 chanals for momentary switch (for switching my atx pc on)?