Graphics Zalman 900-vf or Accelerox2?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warup89, 29 May 2006.

1. warup89

warup89 What's a Dremel?

Hello im about to buy a new cooler for my VGA card (my budget it 60$)and im thinking between the Accelero X2 or Zalman 900-vf . If zalman is the choice , does it come with ramsinks?

2. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

The Zalman does come with ramsinks, but they only use a sticky pad to adhere to the RAM chips. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the sticky pads contain no thermal properties. If you want a bit better performance, you might try either removing the sticky pads and using some AS thermal adhesive, or buy some stand-alone RAM sinks. I personally have used the VF-700 series on a couple of my prior graphics cards, and still had very good performance with the RAM sinks included (which are the same as the sinks in the VF-900).

As for the choice, here's one cooler roundup results page I found including both of the coolers in question.

http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/articles/show/751/5

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Vadim did a comparison of these 2 on an X-1900 card and the Zalman was the winner...

like 7 degrees cooler or something...

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Well if you don't care about the noise, go with the Accelero, it cools slightly better than the zalman but if your after silance, go with the Zalaman and yes it does come with ram sinks :)

Also: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ArcticCooling/AcceleroX2/3 -Theres a lot of heat sink under the plactic ducting.
    -Fr4nk

5. warup89

warup89 What's a Dremel?

noise is the least i look into, because i got use to my stock fan at 100% and believe is noisy (it makes a little wistling sound).

6. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Fr4nk, where did you get your information that the AcceleroX2 was better? Every review I've ever read had the VF-900 above the AcceleroX2 in every test.

7. holiver

holiver What's a Dremel?

If you are brave enough, consider looking at the Thermalright V1 Ultra. I have one on my x1900xt with an Acoustifan 80mm fan and it is silent and beats both the Accelero and the Zalman. However, installation is much more difficult and time consuming. Not a job for when you are hungover, like I was!

8. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

but the accelero actively cools the RAM as well. and it looks cool :thumb:

Tags: