1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now you too can be a vigilante from your couch!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 2 Jun 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

:wallbash:

2. Hopakee

Hopakee What's a Dremel?

they should mount some guns to the side so gamers have something to do aswel ;-)

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I suspect that Mexicans know how to hack computers too. Not to mention that they, too, have internet access. Nothing like being able to monitor which border locations are most closely watched, and how well you are doing in evading the cameras.

4. ajack

ajack rox

Surely if they're located in common crossing locations...then all the Mexicans have to do is choose a less widely used crossing point?

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

This, dear friends, is American politics at it's finest. They know they can't solve the problem, they can't ignore it, so they'll do somthing that looks like progress and lets people feel good so they will vote. End result: a bunch of money gets wasted, a few Mexicans get arrested until the word gets out, and in the end no harm is really done and the Governor can say he's doing somthing about illegal immigration.

The more I think about this, the more clever it appears. When people complain that there are just as many immigrints coming over as before, the governor can say "I did my part, why aren't you calling the number and reporting them?". Remember, reality doesn't matter in politics, only spin. Don't believe me? Ask Bush about global warming.

Edit: 666, coool :thumb:

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Heh, sometimes I just shake my head at our fine Texas leaders. No, scratch that...I almost always shake my head at our fine Texas leaders.

Nexxo is is on the right track. I can only see this making it easier to get across the boarder, because now the illegal immigrants can see exactly where they need to cross. This whole plan assumes that the immigrants are too stupid to know about the cameras, assuming that they'll just run across in plain view.

Get a cell phone, call your friend here in the US and tell him to watch the cameras. Thanks to the cameras, your friend can now tell you where the border guards are, which cameras are pointing where, and can tell you the best time to cross.

In addition, does anybody else think that some immigrants may be set up as decoys, to draw the border guards to one location while everyone else goes another route.

Of course, this is the same governer who got re-elected despite video tape evidence of him abusing his position to get out of a traffic citation.

-monkey

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Wow. So this is why politicians had to have a "science" specially crafted for them. The normal laws of logic are completely absent...hence, "Political Science."

8. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

i'm gonna watch just to see some mexican moon the cameras...

9. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

That's it, I'm going to Mexico, or first go to the US and then sneak into Mexico. How many callers would react? :D

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I blame groupthink.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll