1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V [Audio] Soundcard - Esi Juli@ Or M-Audio 2496?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DjLECTRix, 30 Jun 2006.

1. DjLECTRix

DjLECTRix What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

I have to choice one of 2 soundcard for the music only recording, and make music with VSTI , VST and listen as a good quality of sound, i have seen 2 model of card i can got. but my choice is hard. b'cause i know theses cards are great but which to choose.. see below

Esi Juli@ Professional audio
    24bit
    Asio 2.0 Controler and 2 type of jacks to choose. 1/4 or Rca jacks
    you can see at this page http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/esi-julia/index.html

M-Audio Audiophile 2496
    24bit
    Asio 2.0 Controler too
    see there http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html

i don't know which to choose btw theses card
    i want a good one with less latancy delays. and a great soundcard.

but i dont want other like soundblaster or other.

thanks to tryin' help me

have nice day!

Last edited: 4 Jul 2006
  2. dom_

dom_ --->

Thought about e-mu cards?

3. DjLECTRix

ok i have seen another problem with Pci cards. 2 store in my city tell me thats not very great b'cause somes problems with the Power supply can make some noise or bad sound in recording due to the powerr.. and its better to get the same product around but in USB or firewire... like the M-Audio Audiophile USB... cheap price good sound. and no problem with the power supply ..

4. dom_

dom_ --->

The only benefit of a USB device is the removal of the device from inside the PC.
    As they said it removes interference and the like. Which isn't that large an effect.

Saying that PCI is often more flexible and more powerful, but not always.

Although i only use my sound card for listening to audio, not making music, i get a fantastic sound. It's an emu 0404 modded with better capacitors etc, silver/gold breakout cable going to a graham slee solo headphone amp into sennheiser hd-650's again with a custom silver/gold cable. The headphone amp and headphones are worth well in excess of the sound card yet it copes very well (with ASIO out). It's a close call between it and my old Naim CD player.

5. DjLECTRix

i see anyway i think i will buy an M-audio Audiophile USB for the price and the quality of this one.. and later i will maybe buy a better device. :) thanks

6. DjLECTRix

now i got my M-Audio Audiophile USb I have install this and sound very great :| thats a good buy :D thanks all to answer me :)