1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup Woes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 Jul 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Can't really comment on FIFA seeing as i've only ever played Pro Evo but i have to say that the stats in Evo make one hell of a difference to the gameplay. Have to agree thouh that the commenty is absolutly shocking. I turn it off.

3. LogicalJester

LogicalJester What's a Dremel?

And what about for the adults?

4. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I play Pro Evo as well, and the commentary is terrible. Especially when compared to FIFA's.

5. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Ugh. Football. I thought we'd heard the last of this for the next 2 years, when the team of woe lost to Portugal? :sigh:

</troll>

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

step 1. sand wall down

step 2. wash wall and squeel with exitement as the wall slowly looses it's old layer of paint

step 3. Apply paint (the anticipation's killing me!)

step 4. watch paint dry in utter rapture (this is an acurate representation of football)

7. Comrade Penguin

Comrade Penguin What's a Dremel?

You say you play FIFA more than Pro Evo. I suggest you go back to Pro Evo and try again. Players statisitcs make a rather large difference in Pro Evo, theres even some individualtiy beyond that. When beckham gets it, it really is much easier to hit that perfect looping cross, and hits them like Beckham big loopy things. Ashley Cole on the otherhand always drives the ball fairly flat across, just like in real life.

As for randomness this is once again present to some extent in Pro Evo, the ball bounces off people into the net, and players topple over if they mis-time the challenge. The reason a lot of it such as the random slice etc are missing is because ultimately it would be annoying. A player cocks up kicking a ball if he really cocks up the timing of kicking it. It's fairly impossible to do that to that extent when pressing a button so any implementation of it would just be random and hence not great.

As for the commentary I couldn't give a fig really. Football commentary in real life is only good when it's really bad. Football's beauty is it's incredible simplicity, hence having someone waffle on at you about it is pretty much unecessary. If it could be done right than it would be an alright addition but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't there. No one misses the lack of commentary on Gran Turismo do they?

8. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

:hehe:
    You've got a great sense of humor, and I have to agree with your views on football, I can't stand it and look away when ever my TV is darkened with 90 minutes of it, but thats me, and you to I guess..

But football games are droll and, as mentioned in the article lack depth in vocal and physical development and implementation, they could be better but it seems that EA and other companies in the bis just want to churn out monotone football games over and over while the consumer shouts: "We're full already!"

9. tangrisser

tangrisser What's a Dremel?

In Korea, EA and NeoWiz released FIFA Online..and so I decided to try FIFA Online

DISGUSTING graphics..
    HORRID control..(whoever thought of the control should actually try playing the game)

I think it's the same game as FIFA..
    But WOW..some lame game that was..and I went back to playing PES5 and WE9LE

10. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I cant give this article any credit if you are talking about fifa over pro evo.
    This may sound abit harsh but seriously, you need to try get to grips with pro evolution abit better and you'll see it is possibly the best football game to date.

Dont get me wrong, iv played all the fifa games, they were like the ones i started on but when pro evo came out, it was the closest and natural game that recreated football the best. They have kept the game engine similar and improved it throughout and done a fantastic job, pro evo 5 is incredibily real in the way the ball is played around, players mannerisms and the way they basically play.

11. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Have to agree here. FIFA is complete arse compared to Pro Evo. FIFA '95 though is pretty good. There hasn't ever really been much discernable progress in the FIFA series.

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

FIFA is all about flash, graphics whatever...

Pro5 seems to be proper football, they could improve graphics of course but I hope in the PS3 version a hell of a lot new stuff is implemented, there just isn't enough new stuff, and PLEASE team licenses!

13. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

lol, yeah. "And now on the pitch is North London Blues". hehehe. All you need is another £4 and you can get an updated memory card on Ebay.

14. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

The licensing thing is EA flexing their corporate muscle. They know one of the big selling points of the FIFA franchise is the official leagues, cups and other crapola. They probably pay over the odds to keep those rights exclusive.

Tags: Add Tags