1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got an interview tommorow

Discussion in 'General' started by silentriver, 19 Jul 2006.

1. silentriver

silentriver What's a Dremel?

ok got an interview tommorow, help desk position

what kind of questions will i get asked anyone got any suggestions......

technical and the horrible usual ones

2. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

no idea about the questions does this help desk job involve going and fixing stuff or just talking on a phone?

but good luck

hrrm now that i think about it i do know some for a generic helpdesk position

you will be asked technical questions that will require you to think about how something is setup

eg user wishes to change their resolution tell them how

setup a mail account via a phone call on outlook 200 set to use exchange :(

and a few other nasty ones

if you are doing stuff like going out and fixing them you will be asked time management questions

like call the user find out when their lunch break is if its a non urgent job

you will asked to prioritise problems sometimes they are not as simple as you think

like a receptionists email problem or someone who works in purchasing

more coming as i think of them

3. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Might want to learn how to spell tomorrow...

4. silentriver

hehe never

5. silentriver

think it will be mainly on the phone, but as it is a small place i think it will be face to face also. I'm just hoping i don't get stung with something, my mind usually goes blank.

6. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

ehh, just listen and go through stuff as you normally would. careful though. as tech jobs are getting to be hard to get and lots apply, some interviewers resort to trick questions. A couple I've caught were a question about a gigabit full duplex hub(doesn't exist) and something about lrf implementation for something - honesty won. I simply told them I wasn't familiar with that or what lrf was - they said good enough, lrf is little rubber feet.

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Some of the most beneficial qualitys for an I.T Tech job IMO are (appart from technical knolwedge) good problem solving skills, very quick at learning new things, abilty to multi-task, able to function under pressure and good time management. I would some how try and sneak in references to those skills, also make sure your let them know of any other skills that you have.

Just keep it simple, show confidence in yourself and your ability's, and be yourself. Oh if you get really stuck with a question, rather than going "errrm" either say something llike your still learning about that or deflect it with a midly humorous reply and move things on.

I dont know if any of this will help but good luck :thumb:

8. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

You will need your wits about you they might try to trick you, thein then answer, be confdent they can tell if your not.
    Good luck :thumb: