1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big problems, im worried! Help needed!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by robb, 21 Jul 2006.

1. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

ive just put my pc back togeather after dissasembling it to do soem case mods. everything was fine untill i switched it on! Its getting power i know that because it starts, (fans spin ect) but it doesnt want to boot, im running an Abit KV8 PRO board and im getting 2 errors which arnt covered in the book, first is 83 for a few seconds, then it changes to 9.C and then shuts down.

Ive also added a new hard drive, but ive eliminated this because its disconnected, the pc isnt getting to the windows boot screen, infact the screen isnt coming on at all.

Ive checked all connections, RAM's in and seated, HD connected, GPU is in and seated, i didnt touch the cpu when taking the motherboard out, just lifted it all out togeather with heatsink.

im really struggling, ive reset the CMOS aswell which didnt do anything. Any help is greatly apreciated, thanks.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

3. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

4. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

just found this he has exactly the same problem as me so ill try re-seating the cpu fan as well. (should of thought google earlier)

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

looks to me that ur psu is pure pants....looks worse than Q-tek.

Spend yo moneys on a good PSU like Tagan,Antec or Hiper. They aint that expensive.

20Amps on 12v rail isnt enough.

6. DougEdey

Colors-it are only good if you ever have broken heating.

***EDIT***

Could you please tell us who recommended that PSU to you please?

7. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

well he didnt reccomend it for this board, i told him i was going for an AMD 3000+ and that id been told 400W min, so he said the colors it one should do.

It was just a small shop down the road from me.

how much should i look to spend on a new psu then? £40+? not got much money atm

8. robb

robb What's a Dremel?

how about this Hiper 435W PSU? It looks like a good spec and is from hiper, or could anybody reccomend a decent 400W psu for under £50?

9. DougEdey

That hiper one should do you fine.

The general theory is that provided its one of the three makes that atanum suggested it should do your needs.

10. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I'd recommend a Hiper Type-R model over the one you've linked to there.
    They're a little more expensive... but well worth the extra IMO ;)

You can get the 530w Type-R [non-modular] version for just £47... or the 580w Modular Type-R version (also available in blue +/or red) for £60 (I own three of the 580w Type-R modulars myself) :thumb:

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Just go for the 530W one (I'd say go for a less powerful one than that, at most 480W), you don't need a mega PSU unless you've got a REALLY seriously power-hungry rig. Even then it's debatable.