Modding >> Dremel assistance...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dragon2309, 28 Jul 2006.

1. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Ok, thanks for clearing it all up. I'm not exactly going to be mimicing the WMD mod or anything crazy like that soim pretty sure the dremel im looking at will suffice for my tasks. Thanks again

Although looking at BoyJon's design in the side panel, looks very intricate, im going to be doing an elongated tribal design on a 24-port switch i "acquired" from my school, lol, i THINK its steel, but im not sure.... That reminds me, gotta make a post in the sparky's forum for help with that, the power output inside the switch is only 5v, kinda screws with my plans a little....

Cheers, all, dragon2309

2. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Glad you liked my post dragon2309. My prev model was a Dremel Multi PRO but it gave up on me after 1,5 year of usage. Then I bought a cheap Copy Brand of the multi pro, just to test it out. It was a total waste of money...it died after only 2 month and could only be used for a short period of time before overheating. So don't buy any cheap copy brands..buy the real DREMEL. And I think the 300JE will fit you perfect. I bought this kit.
    [​IMG]

around 100$ and you get the flexishaft, Mini-saw, a led light, and 66 tools.
    If you find this kit (limited edition)...buy it :thumb:
    And what ever you do...use eye protection. Probably saved my eye 5-6 times
    Good luck

/GNU

3. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

I never wear eye protection which is probably the reason I see black things floating around in my eye sometimes. :p I like the looks of the kit Gnu I must find one. My dremel is overheating at least its too hot to touch. But did you ever try replacing the brushes?

4. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

...those black things in your eye... Are they small black dots thats in your feeld of vision floating around and "following" your eye when looking on a white screen or the sky?? If thats the case ... I got them too :eeek:
    I have tried too remove the brushes on my Multi PRO and clean them..but that didn't help too much. I bought a new kit before I realised I could buy new brushes...and haven't bother since then.

/GNU

5. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Those things in your eyes are called "floaters". I don't know if that's the technical term, but my 'homer simpson head shaped' follows-my-vision thingie was bugging me so I asked my eye Dr. about it once. He gave me a technical shpiel but in the end said that floaters are common.

6. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Ya
    I didn't think it was a big deal but I can feel stuff hitting my eyes. I need to find a good pair of comfortable goggles. The reason I brgouht up the "Floaters is because I saw them today while riding my bike home from albertsons. So Seriously I need one of those new dremel kits its swanky. Send me info.

7. Stuey

Well, you REALLY should wear eye protection. Like I said, at the very least you have to worry about cutting discs shattering and hitting your eyelids or something. At worst, you'd end up with pieces of debris cutting through your eye permanently blinding you.

8. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

lol Stuey83... homer simson?? to bad it wasn't the shape of a hot girl or something instead of homer. Atleast it's nice to hear they are common.
    Yeah eye protection is really important.. if you think about it, when using cutting disks for finer details, you want to get a good view of the cutt. You often place your head closer to the cutting and in the direction of all the debris, cause thats where the best view is. So if a cuttingdisk break it will very likly hit you in the face or eye and you don't have the time to react.

/GNU

9. luvbug

luvbug What's a Dremel?

I know I shouldn't post if I don't have something constructive to add to the conversation, but I'm going to say it anyway... If you wait until something happens before you wear safety glasses, goggles, or face sheild.... you're a friggin moron and deserve every bit of blindness your stupidity gets you.

Sorry, stupid people often bring a soapbox with them, that I like to take from them and use against them. :) You know the old saying, "A pound of cure is worth an ounce of prevention."

10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

you NEED eye protection, when i first got my dremel i used it without eye protection but only once, the first cutting disk shattered and a piece hit my cheek bone very hard, i never had time to react. After that i insisted on wearing eye protection and disks have broken since, hitting the goggles.

Dont even think about cutting without goggles on.

11. Stuey

Yes - for as long as I can remember, in certain circumstances, my floater comes up. It's a round oval with two circles inside it which appear like eyes. Hence, I call it a Homer Simpson head!!

12. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

I get them, but they're more like map lines, of a road map or something like that, usually only happns when im not paying attention to anything, just staring out the window or whatever.

Anyhoo, i think i will get goggles then, dont wanna go blind of slice my eyelid apart or anything...

dragon2309