1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors A car faster than the Veyron

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzons, 25 Jul 2006.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Looks impressive, but I am wondering about one detail- the steering wheel is on the wrong side. I mean most of europe, including Italy drives on the right side of the road and should have the driver on the left. . .

Also, I think they should have used a better model than the guy for the pictures of the car. :)

L J

3. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

Barabus is a UK company, based in Manchester I think. Not to be confused with the German Merc tuning outfit Brabus. So the steering wheel is on the right side :p

4. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

I think the dude in the pic is the guy that came up with the car

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

It's Veyron, not Vayron.

And yes very impressive car, especially the engine... But I wonder how well (or badly) it goes around a corner or even a bend. 0-60 under 2 seconds is incredible. I do prefer the Veyron's design over this thing.. It doesn't look that good at all.

Looking forward to see the Stig and Jeremy having a go with this car.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2006
  6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

looks alot nicer imo

7. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

No, the steering wheel should be in the middle of the cabin like the McLaren F1. That way you can drive it comfortably in all of the european countries.

8. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

They drive on the left side of the road, and the steering wheal is on the right. Got your right/left mixed up there.

9. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Looks pretty good, although I also still prefer the Veyron's styling. Also, you think they could tidy up the engine a little bit, talk about bad cable management!

10. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

the cars a bit too fugly for my liking, however if 60mph is reached in under 2 seconds :O who cares?

also look how little ground clearence there is :O

11. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Frist is that 1001bhp on the fly or on the wheels? if the car lighter than a varon with with simular bhp it will naturaly go faster. but the other consideration is that there only 6.0 twin turbo to produce 1001bhp so they must be pushing the engine harder so it will proberly less reaible than a Veyron. plus the Veyron will be heavyer because they designed some luxery into it. while if you just didnt a strip out racer than it wud go faster

12. img

img Minimodder

doesnt look anything special really. do u really need that extra speed to go to Sainsburys?

13. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

If you're driving to Sainsbury's...no. If driving through Sainsbury's then yes.

14. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I don't think I can be bothered visiting this at the Motor Show this week, but as per my comment when this appeared on Digg, this car appears to be nothing but vapourware. There's no way it can do 0-60mph in under 2 seconds. Full stop. Nuff said

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As Pope said, I'll believe it when I see it. As for being better than a Veyron - no way.

The Veyron is a car for every day (if you're a billionaire), you can go down to the shops in it, without worrying that your foot will slip, and you'll cross an international time zone.
    That TKR or whatever looks like it'll smack you in the chops every time you touch the throttle. It looks like the kind of car that would eat a professional racing driver for breakfast, then go on to eat a bus full of nuns for desert.

16. olv

olv he's so bright

Saw this car at the motorshow. bollocks in my opinion. NO WAY, is that ever, gonna get remotely close to doing 0-60 in less then 2 seconds. Full on drag cars with hardcore slicks as big as your house would struggle with 0-60 that fast. it's just not going to happen.

and 270mph?! if it is test run and it manages that then fair enough but i just don't see it happening. it looks like a kit car in the flesh. will be extremely surprised if this car gets anywhere close to the claimed figures.

17. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

The 2k1 vette tuned by lingenfelter got 0-60 time of 1.9 proven at the drag with drag radials. But that was a TT 427ci block pushing 850hp. Not a production car by any means but @140k USD it was not bad. Oh and it could turn too. It was tuned for drag that day but a tire change and some suspension adjusting and its a track car.

I wonder who makes their blocks. I'm willing to bet its either gm or ford.

18. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

If you mean the Barabus, then it's probably an Audi lump.

If you mean the above American machine, then ignore me :worried:

19. Exitios

Exitios What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but that car bears a VERY close resemblence to the Saleen S7. The S7 is my most favorite car, but the styling on that looks like it just jumped out of a Hotwheels package.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2006
  20. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

cars that are as fast as the veyron arent that rare, hennessey have tuned several vipers that are openly available to the public that are as fast as a veyron...but of course their handling will not be within a mile of challenging the veyron, nor will this im suspecting. a bigger deal would have been made of this if it had any real substance to its claims.

Tags: