1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft sues resellers over piracy

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 18 Jul 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

JUst think how much they'll save using WGA instead of this :sigh:

2. mrpete

mrpete What's a Dremel?

I always thought companies (ie resellers) were 100% legal with software. Meh. shows how much i knew.

3. chunkylover

chunkylover What's a Dremel?

iv got one word to say about anything to do with micros**t
    LINUX

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

There was a lot of fuss from customers in the UK a few years ago complaining about firms (many well-known names) selling PC systems pre-loaded with software but no CDs supplied, not even for the Windows OS. You think there's a chance that was legal? :naughty:

5. chunkylover

my friend actully bought a H* compiter he didnt get a disaster disk or anything, its a right pain to re-format i have to d/l all the drivers for him lol im sure its illegal NOT to supply a disk but maybe im wrong

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Some PCs have/had a hidden partition containing recovery files, not much use if the HDD goes west just after the guarantee's expired. :wallbash:

7. chunkylover

i totaly agree buddy some of these companies just dont think, its whatever is the cheapest soloution, they just dont think of the consumer it really does rattle my cage lol, but i suppose thats one of the main pluses of building your own because you always have the drivers etc, but some people just wont learn lol