1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abominable Chenming

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Son1990, 12 Aug 2006.

1. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

i see delta extreme scream fan. if you use them as the only fantype in your mod be ready to be deaf :D

2. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

heh nah, i'll be alright. Remember your talkin to the Omega of Delta fan users. :p

3. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

Drilled, tapped, and screwed down the pump mount/case divider.

[​IMG]

Got some goodies today. Gonna get alot done before I leave for my one week vacation.

4. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finnaly started work on the inner front panel. Needed to mount the rad shroud so I placed an aluminum sheet inside the case then bondoed up the fan hole's which I cut. Still need to sand down and make nice and smooth.

Last picture is of how the rad will look mounted once I drill, tap, and screw it all down. Should be getting that done today.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just for future reference, you may find that using a grill of aluminium to fix the bondo to will work better and save you money.

6. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

Thank's for the tip Doug

7. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

Finnaly mounted the rad shroud to the case. Used a series of 6 button head screws to tighten the back plate to the case. Top fan hole bondo cracked a bit meaning I will need to re apply another coat allowing me to work on the PSU and pump mount as I wait.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

Well haven't really worked on anything today. Worrying mainly about other things but plan to do a little more work tomorrow. The case and project is no where near finished but this is what im aiming to complete within the next two weeks.

-Case Painted
    -Front Bezel Armor Plates fabricated and installed
    -Mobo Cover finished
    -Pump mount complete
    -T-line track installed
    -Hard Drive rack

The PSU section of the mod is going to take alot of my time. Prob twice as much as making and installing the rad mount took.

9. HiFish

HiFish What's a Dremel?

About the 3d modeling: we all know how irrelevant $ are to learning cool expensive programs on the net right? We use ProEngineer or SolidWorks at the university so i dont like AutoCAD ;) But Sketchup is way better for learning CAD than MS, because Milkshape is just a cheap 3dsmax version, and those fancy design programs like max and maya are totaly different to CAD programs in the way you create objects and edit them. Its just not meant for CAD.
    About the Case: i love the idea of turning a tower around, i wonder what it will look like in the end.

10. Son1990

Son1990 What's a Dremel?

Thanks

11. Mr.Shinji

Mr.Shinji Profesional Cut Modding

good friends as for me I believe that this he is one of my prime messages. I have been modifying chenming 901 of the same characteristics,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ottzen

ottzen What's a Dremel?

AutoCad is outdated.
    3D-Modeling like NX and SolidWorks is more like it :D
    In my opinion AutoCad is just too complicated for no reason. The 2d-surfaces just make you dizzy trying to think how it'll look in the end. Of course thats a relict from times when 3D-modeling was too heavy for the computers, but it is what it is: a relict.

Even though sketch-up is a litte sketchy (pun intended) and short of some features, it is quite a treat for free!

BTW, nice work with the tower :)

[Sorry, didn't see the second page and jumped into an older discussion :)]

Last edited: 2 Jun 2007
  13. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I agree, I love Solidworks, never quite got the hang of AutoCAD and hated it. Also I got really used to designing parts/mods and cases in Valve Hammer Editor. It was very easy/simple and quick. When I tried Sketchup I couldn't get my head around it. It's very frustrating to use for anyone with prior experience, but it's kinda nice for free.

On topic: Nice work so far, loving the shroud. I think the bondo should be applied in thinner layers though. It'll be smoother, and you'll use less. Also thick areas of bondo, the middle will never cure and it'll be weaker as a result.

14. Mr.Shinji

Mr.Shinji Profesional Cut Modding