1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC Leipzig screenshot mania!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 24 Aug 2006.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'll never forget the fuse wire puzzle.

2. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Updated with Company of Heroes screenshots!

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

MMmmmmmm Flamethrowers, and having a dynamic landscape, gunna have so much fun blowing things up.

4. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Nice round up and WOW, they look amazing.

I've never been a fan of the UT or Quake series but I must admit that they look great.

Graphics seem to be making major leaps every 6 months which is worrying me slightly. Currently alot of the mid-high end cards are dipping below 30 FPS at 1600x1800 during ganeplay. When these games come out we just might NEED SLi or CF. Thats unless DX10 cards step-up.

Do you have any updates on Crysis?

Exciting times :naughty:

5. Sinner666

Sinner666 What's a Dremel?

What? You didn't believe anyone when they told you "Hey! That SLI stuff, we are SOOOO gona need that in the future to play at "reasonable" resolutions."

For me the future seemed clear that while we may not have needed it RIGHT then we would need it in the future. Heck I suspect in 2yrs or less we are going to NEED 4 gpu's to play games at "reasonable" resolutions if graphics keep advancing as they do.

6. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

supreme. farking. commander.

I can't say any more.

7. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

Ground textures

What's with the lousy groundtextures in many of those screenshots? didn't they enable anisotropic filtering or something?

This one for example: http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/leipzig_screenshots/41.jpg
    And this one surely has AF disabled completely:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/leipzig_screenshots/23.jpg
    or how about this one http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/leipzig_screenshots/33.jpg

Not to mention the broken shadows like this one:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/leipzig_screenshots/18.jpg

And seeing that for instance BF2 still has broken shadows issues after many months have past and several patches I'm hesitant to shrug it away as a beta issue.

Last edited: 26 Aug 2006
  8. Linzi_Ann

Linzi_Ann What's a Dremel?

Perhaps whilst the game plays it looks smoother

9. Kasrkin Guard

Kasrkin Guard What's a Dremel?

Screenshots shouldn't be regarded as the end all be all, ever... It really doesn't matter they didn't apply this amount of settings, etc so long as you get your end result when it arrives. :eyebrow:

Company of Heroes after trying out the MP beta has me skipping that game altogether with the balance issues that still insue with the Germans and it seems like the first one to get a tank out wins most of the time... :duh: They also get to advance much faster than the Allies.. Another tech race much like Dawn of War: Winter Assault suffers from.

10. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Missed the W off of Wreaking in the ET section btw.

Subscription copy of PC Gamer (UK) here, they seem to quite like company of heroes, going by 94% and "Highest ever scoring RTS game!" emblazoned across the cover lol.

Have to say my enthusiasm in the RTS field has been slightly dimmed by the word that Blizzard has apparently started on Starcraft 2 :rock: Although I'm still really looking forward to supreme commander :D

The shooters look nice .. not a lot else to say about those really is there ?

11. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

You are right Kasrkin Guard, screenshots only say so much, but seeing they advertise the game you'd at least expect them to enable anisotropic filtering, quite a sloppy oversight to have it disabled, and to be honest quite odd that all the previous posters didn't seem to notice it but were seemingly completely overwhelmed by the gleam on the cars and the explosions.

12. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

The car does distract the eye but once you pointed out that ground it really does look so ugly.. Here's hoping they are work-in-progress shots.

Supreme commander looks very shiny but shadows and explosions look like they need work. Picky maybe but if great graphics are to be a selling point the polish really has to be there.

Once I hear more about gameplay I'll start getting excited though :)

Last edited: 27 Aug 2006
  13. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

aye, I hate to be so negative and perhaps you don't even notice it in game or it's simply a thing they have on the list for improving, but you got to ask a little effort from the developers and without honest feedback from the public you get situations with annoying bugs or omissions and then even the developers themselves end up asking "why didn't anybody point it out to me?"
    I happen to know a few developers, and although some get temporarily annoyed when you point out flaws or bugs I think in the end they feel good when they are able to release a polished product.
    Many specifically ask their friends to seek out flaws and bugs btw.

14. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

loved this review i think there should be more like it :D

15. Sinner666

Sinner666 What's a Dremel?

If gameplay is anything like that of TA then THAT will be the seelling point.

As a frequent TA player all I really want in a sequel is enhanced graphics, do not have to be cutting edge, updated units includig both new units and graphical enhancements for old standards and enhanced gameplay, meaning more strategey. I don't know about anyone else but it certainly seemed that a mass of fighters and stealths was the "big" strategy most of the time. Then again I always ended up in large all metal maps.

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

werrrrrrrrrrrrrohh!
    now they look nice, Cant wait for them, just hope they run smooth :|

Tags: Add Tags