1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing Game Video!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tibby, 3 Sep 2006.

1. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

2. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Gorgeous video.

The comments below it are annoying though. Typical internet...

3. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Man I love Trackmania. I had no idea you could get so many people on the same server, must have been a mission!

Cool video, it's like the sony bravia ad all over again :p

4. K

K 528491

Hah, beat me to it. Gotta love the pointless negativity.

That was, undoubtedly, a very cool video. I bet it took a lot of work. That's a game I'd love to have a go. Shame I don't have the hardware!

5. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

Wow that was really cool, The music really went along with it to. Dopes anyone know how they did that?

6. DarkReaper

If you can endure the comments below the video, one theory is that they recorded a lot of runs from the same POV and merged them. However apparently the game doesn't have collision detection so a sufficiently powerful PC might have been able to just run all 1000 cars at once...

In conclusion, I don't know :grr:

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Cool video, and quite interesting too.

I would not be suprised if a car manurfacturer "borrowed" the idea for a campaign... 999 cars the same appart from one of there latest model weaving through the rest or whatever. Talking of adverts the music went well but I think they should have used something a bit more obscure for more impact, that whole album was just a soundtrack for adverts the year it was released (lost all impact after a while IMHO).

Edit:\ For anyone who didn't already know, there is a Track Mania title called Nations which is totally free!.

>Download it here<

8. DarkReaper

I didn't recognise the soundtrack so it worked for me :)

9. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

The best part of the whole video was when all of the cars were like one solid wave, and then they went over the rooftop and they all bounced off in random directions. The worst part was the annoying music. Does anyone actually read the comments anyway? I don't.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Mesmerising, in a weird sort of way... I like.

11. CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown Hi

:jawdrop: <--That was me throughout the whole video. Simply amazing work right there! The physics in that game look pretty good too, aside from lack of crashing.

-CollinstheClown

12. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

and the cars going through each other...

annoyingly set to the most common moby song ever

13. Strategy

Strategy Banned

Crap song, crap video imo.

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

That was ace. Music was timed well and suited the video. I'd actually want the files or whatever so I could see it being done in realtime on my pooter.

15. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I'm pretty sure that it is done in real time. On Trackmania, there are levels where you have a certain amount of time to go round the same track a certain number of times. Normally you have to do it about 8-16 times and each of your attempts is recorded as another car that you have to race against (that way you can keep trying to beat your best time aswell as see your worst times). There's no collision between cars in the game as it's all about times and trying to find the best routes through a particular track. It may not sound like fun but trust me, wait until you try it!

Obviously that guy has made his own track and set the number of tries required to 1000. It must have taken absolutely ages to do all of those runs though I'm sure it's not impossible. The great thing about Trackmania is that it runs incredibly well even on rubbish hardware (not sure what you're running K, but I'd be suprised if you couldn't play it). That means it wouldn't take a massively powerful machine to run all of those 1000 cars in real time. Great work on the editing too, really well done IMO.

16. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Amazing, really liked how they split into a whole wave and went round the monument in two separate streams. The music went well with it too, and anyone who doesn't like that Moby track is mad. :D

17. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Amazing video, way too much work for me :)

18. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Don't know how you can say that, that is the most common Moby song at all.