1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Parts list for water cooled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spyder09, 6 Sep 2006.

1. spyder09

spyder09 What's a Dremel?

I don't kniow much about iquid cooling. So could someone give aparts list of everything I need? Like a radiator,etc...

Thank-you :dremel:

2. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

well if your asking a question like that your simply not ready for watercooling...just yet. lurk around somemore and read everything you can about watercooling first, its not something you just go into blind unless you want a dead pc.

3. spyder09

kk, thanks

4. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

:search: and then come back with specific questions.

5. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

Basily, you will be needing:
    pump - pushes the water around the system
    radiator - to take the heat out of the water
    resivoir - to hold the excess water
    water blocks - bits that clamp onto the chips for the water to cool them
    pipe - to push the water through

Basicly, dastt is right in the fact that you will need to research it before you do it, otherwise something WILL go wrong and you wreck your pc.

Depending how many things you are going to be cooling, will depend on how powerful the pump needs to be and how big the radiator needs to be.

Once you have done some research and that, and you still have questions, I'm sure most people on here with experience on here will help you out.

6. spyder09

Well I want to cool the one thing that really needs to keep cool.(Not sure what that would be)

7. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

The mouse? Or if you do a lot of word processing, the keyboard?

8. spyder09

Huh, A mouse don't need to be water cooled. I thought the CPU or Hardrives. Could I water cool multiple things at once. For example, A CPU, Hardrives, etc...?

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

No offense, but with a question like that, you aren't ready for water cooling. You obviously haven't even read any of the water cooling threads here. Use google - there are a LOT of websites with "intro to watercooling" tutorials.

It's like asking shopping for an mp3 player without even knowing what an mp3 is. Do your homework and THEN come back. If someone here gives you info or suggestions and you follow it blindly, something is gonna get screwed up.

Do some more research on your own first.

Sorry if I seem like a jerk, but I'm saying this for your own good.

10. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Awww, I wanted to see him watercool his mouse!

Stuey is right though, spend some time researching what watercooling involves - the cost, the benefits, everything that can go wrong etc.

11. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

As i said in my first post in this thread YOUR NOT READY YET! your not even close, i honestly spent a good 2 months reasearching watercooling before i made my first basic loop. Dont listen to what anyone says yet, they wanna see you fry your system, which you will at this stage. READ READ READ READ everything you can on W/C first!

12. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

LOL

please do not water cool your pc. i would recomend buying high end fan cooling or a water cooling Kit

13. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

Read the stickes and use search. you should be asking questoins after you have a fundamental knowledge of what your trying to do. If you dont understand the fundamintals the answers we give you wont mean **** anyways.

Tags: