1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New speed sign reads your number plate

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 6 Sep 2006.

1. babychaos

babychaos What's a Dremel?

Because not everyone survives learning common sense the hard way.

2. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

<ot>
    I have had enough people try to run me over that I almost always wear my helmet, if other people choose not to then its their choice. Wisconsin is one of those states that lets anyone with the M endorsement on their liscence to choose if they want to or dont want to wear one. If you just have your motorcycle temps, usually someone who is inexperienced, then you have to wear one. If someone is going to be stupid enough to ride down the freeway without one they are asking for trouble. I personally prefer the wind and bug-blocking power of a full face helmet and the knowledge that if I crash at least it wont mess up my beautiful face. :D
    </ot>
    Speed cameras and red light cameras suck, put them where they are needed and leave the freeway and backroads speed limits loosely enforced. :thumb:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But surely it goes with the Darwinian theory: those who listen and are intelligent enough to realise that hitting a hard surface at high speed = brain matter everywhere usually survive longer.

It's like; you don't do skydiving if you are unsure of how to operate a parachute.

4. babychaos

babychaos What's a Dremel?

If it were as simple as that I'd agree, however for every fatal bike crash theres the police officer who has to deal with it, the ambulance teams who have to deal with it. Theres the (sometimes completely innocent) car driver who's life is mucked up. Its not just a case of crash/die/vanish from existance.

Also, bikers are in the minority enough that a few idiots deciding to kill themselves reflects badly on those who demonstrate basic survival skills. I'd rather see 100 live bikers than 75 live and 25 dead ones...

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, it's not usually bikers but the cars that hit them as well, but I do see your point about everyone else envolved. I was just playing devils advocate a bit because I know common sense doesnt come to some that easily and even if people are stupid in earlier years they may become good people later.

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, you'll never find me on a motorbike, even as a passenger.
    My parents lived on a bend in the road which was an accident blackspot. During my childhood, we had a succession of bike accidents outside the front door, including one where they found the guy's head 100ft up the road. Yes, he was wearing a helmet btw.

8. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

So in other words, the majority of drivers ignored it :wallbash:

Tags: