1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Apple/Mac style paint job.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MidnghtDrgn, 7 Sep 2006.

1. MidnghtDrgn

MidnghtDrgn What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

I used the search, but couldn't find the log so figured I'd ask. Awhile back there was someone who had done a custom case, HTPC I think made of plexi. His paint job made it come out looking like an apple finish. I know he painted the plexi on the inside of the case, but I was wondering if anyone rememebred the log, or the technique he used to get that finish.

Thanks,
    Midnight

2. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

yeah, he sprayed the inside of the acrylis first with clear metallic, then gloss white, as he couldnt get metallic white.

hope that helps :)

3. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

The best way to pait clear plastic or glass is inside and the outisde usualy comes otu perfect.

4. MidnghtDrgn

Exactly! Awesome thanks a ton Guardian and Hydro.

5. MidnghtDrgn

Update and New question:

Well, I got the paint the way I like it now on a test piece, I really appreciate the help guys. My new question is, How can I attach the pieces together?

My first plan was, use the acrylic bonding stuff to put a few extra layers of spare acrylic on at the corners, and screw L-Brackets into those. Only problem with that is, I believe the acrylic bonding stuff won't work if its painted on the same side, correct? If thats the case, any ideas on how to attach 6 pieces together, in a rectangular manner, without messing with the paint scheme?

Last edited: 13 Sep 2006
  6. spyder09

spyder09 What's a Dremel?