Cooling Laing DDC Ultra

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alekin, 20 Sep 2006.

1. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Okey, im almost, really, nearly nearly done with my first WC setup. I have my pump which arrived this morning which is a Laing ddc Ultra with the plexi top. I plugged it in, with water and nothing happens. Its all connected up okey. Is there something i havent done or is it dead? Surely theyre tested before they are shipped?

Thanks

Alex

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Connected up properly to 12V? Get your multimeter out and check the contacts.

There have been problems in the past with DDCs not starting up --some electronic issue, but this should have been fixed months ago with older models. Given that reliable pump functioning is pretty essential, I'd RMA it.

3. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Thanks for the reply mate. First thing i did was check the contacts and its got 12 volts to the board so theres no reason for it not to work. RMA i suppose :wallbash:

Alex

4. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

Depends if you have enough spare current on yer 12v rail to provide enough ampage to start it. Hook just the pump up to your PSU (no mobo etc) and jump across green and black wires on atx connector. If it starts then then yer PSU is too weak to run it and your PC. If it doesn't start, it's b00gered. RMA.

5. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Its deffo the pump, ive already RMA'd it. The psu is a hyper type R 580 watt so no probs there.

Alex

Tags: