1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics UV and Blue CC HDD thingy-ma-bob-it

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Morphine, 4 Aug 2002.

1. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Ok, linear, macroman, anyone PLEASE HELP MEH!

alright I have a black soyo mobo, blue CPU sink, blue ram cooler, and blue graphics card, and black cable wrap and round IDE. I have a BLue CC and a UV one, Any way so that during no HDD activity the blue one is on, then on HDD activity to blue is off and the UV is on? so that when the HDD is being acessed the blue and other stuff in my case glows? I dont have the stuff to make PCB etches, so just those lil boards with the holes in them would be what I am looking for. but couls someone show me a diagram on how to do this? or should i ont do this at all? will the CC die after being flicked on and off too much?

2. macroman

macroman The One

adding a pulse stretcher to the "throbber" circuit would do it. This would slow the flickering down to a suitable level. Unfortunately I am up to my eyeballs in stuff at the mo' so have,'t got the time to draw something up for you. Maybe one of the other guys can help?

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

4. inder

inder Mr.Modtown

could the HD led mod not be used? (where blue / red state when activity?) i think the cocern would be drawing enough power to turn on the CC

then again i could be wrong, been a while since ive done 'proper' electronics and ive fogotton most stuff :(

this mod btw: http://www.bit-tech.net/article/58/

perhaps it won't work thinking about it now, but a basis for a circuit maybe?

sry for being no help lol :worried:

5. macroman

macroman The One

Actually it's my mistake, I meant to say the HDD thingy not the throbber. - Over indulged in the devils brew today/:blush:

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

7. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

so if someone were to find a way to lengthen out the pulses on the HDD LED thing and get it to supply more power... what about a sort of system with relays? like splitting the HDD activity LED onto two relays, one thats on and one that off? if thats possible? although that still would be very quick for a CC

hmm on second though i think ill make my blue CC sound activated, thatll be pretty cool

8. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Maybe chuck a capacitor on it, then lots of flickering of the HDD light will keep the CC on constantly.

9. GreySpaceAlien

GreySpaceAlien What's a Dremel?

Sounds like an awsome mod. I wonder how many different ways this circuit can be used! Good Idea.

10. viridius

viridius What's a Dremel?

Yeah a capacitor could smooth the pulses out a bit, just connect it between ground and the output. Then use a TIP or a MOSFET to control the CCFLs instead of a relay.