1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Advice for cleaning a car seat

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 10 Oct 2006.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

About 2 weeks after I bought my car me and a friend went to another friends house to go in his swimming pool, upon return my friend (as usual) never bothered to dry himself properly and as a result he has left a nasty stain on my passenger seat. It's not leather but rather some sort of material which isn't waterproof.

Here is the stain:
    [​IMG]

I have tried several stain removers but they have only removed the white marks left by the chlorine in the pool, I'm still left with a nasty black blob, any ideas on how to get rid of it, if it needs be I will pay for professional cleaning but where??

2. Ryszvaldo

Ryszvaldo Banned

Try a steam cleaner and see if this works, if not, try the yellow pages for a detailing company or take it to a pro valeters.

3. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

have you tried 1001 carpet cleaner, its done wonders for me in the past :eeek:

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Have you tried a firm scrub with a clothes brush?

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Hmm, not sure if that is viable for the material and sponge underneath it, might ask my dad to see what he says too. As for valeters, I was hoping for this as a last resort.

Hmm, thanks for that. I guess Sainsburys would sell them? Might take a look tomorrow.

First thing I tried, sorta made it worse although it got rid of the white patches made by the chlorine (I guess its the chlorine anyway).

6. Washfordmonkey

Washfordmonkey What's a Dremel?

yeh at finboz says.. try 1001 carpet cleaner.... its worked on everything ive ever tried......
    could phone the valeters and ask them what they would use?

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Go to the local-big-autofactors, they should have something suitable, I used to have a car upholstery cleaner that sprayed out a foam, and had a brush ontop of the can aswell :D.

8. Fiver

Fiver What's a Dremel?

1001 carpet cleaner is fantastic for car seats, it's best to take the seat out the car to do it though.

Tags: