1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Braiding cables and neon string.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mother-Goose, 9 Nov 2006.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I was just wondering abotu cable braiding/sheathing.

I want to have a practice at doing this before I do it on my new rig but i was thinking. The braid, does it expand to go over the molex connector? or do you have to remove the connectors first?

And as for neon string...any one used it?

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

for the braiding simple answer is yes.. all the connectors have to be removed in order to get the braiding on.. most kits come with a little tool that will allow you to take the molex and the other connectors off ... just remember that when you do it.. make a note of which wires went where

3. Mother-Goose

aha! cunning ! I may even take a photo just because it is easier. But thanks :D

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

if it helps.. on my PSU its done:

braid, cable tie, heatshrink.. in that order, it looks for solid than the one i did last year...

5. Mother-Goose

sweet that defo helps, I'll be giving that a go some time soon, ty!

6. Matt_Ingram

Matt_Ingram What's a Dremel?

I recently had a go at sleeving stuff and the one piece of advice I've gleaned from this experience would be avoid cutting the braid too short. I always ended up with the ends of the braid fraying then it looking absolute pants, until I decided to finish one end before starting the other and keeping it too long until i knew how much it was going to fray, then cutting the excess off.