1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Jun 2006.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Over the last two months I've been trying to decide what monitor to purchase. After reading the review this morning, I trundled over to the dell website to find the monitor for £566 inc vat and delivery.

CC got whipped out and battered, I'll let yo guys know what rev I get. Yes I know OC have it for £605+ del and u get a A02 for sure, but I will never order from them again.

Btw the 25% off at dell's site is only will 01/11/06

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm looking hard at one. Dell's site is actually competitive on price and I have a hell of a time finding places on eBay that will ship to my PO box :waah:

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I ordered from Dell and it was an A02, pretty sure they must have finished sending out the older stuff.

And overclockers service is pretty bad.

4. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

i dunno if that is wise if you mean the triplehead2go ?
    3840 X 1024 is it's max res,which requires 3 monitors running at 1280 X 1024 at native res to get the best out of it :naughty:
    so 3 of these would be wasted on it as they would not be running at native res

5. orb

orb satisfying.

Anyone know when the next Dell's are getting released, planning to pick up a 2407 when the new ones get released for a discount..

6. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Bahaha, the 2407 hasnt been out long! I'd have guessed Q4 2007.

7. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Just arrived this morning, am using the pc with it as i speak. Its bloody Huge!!!

No dead pixels that I can see or banding as such, will test properly tonight. Is revision A03.

Nims

8. out west

out west What's a Dremel?

great

Recieved my 2407 yesterday... WOW !! no dead pix ! They've come a long way in clearity..... My new card goes in tomarrow !!

9. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Mine arrives hopefully next week :)

10. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

wonder if most of the same can be said of the 20"... i'm looking for a smaller scale monitor to fit on my desk because my 24" imac takes up too much space to have a second 24" screen up there with my laptop

11. fplanque

fplanque What's a Dremel?

backlight

Hi there,

Could someone please confirm that this monitor has separate settings available for backlight and brightness ?

One some monitors you can only adjust the brightness (i-e LCD opaqueness) and you can't adjust the backlight (i-e power of the light emitted from behind the LCD).

I would need this for office use. Max backlight setting really hurts my eyes :/ and decreasing the lcd "brightness" is a poor solution.

Thank you very much for the info :)

Last edited: 25 Nov 2006
  12. richieb

richieb What's a Dremel?

Hello, first post woohoo

Been looking for a new monitor and I think I may have found it!!
    Only one question, I have a 'hutch' on my desk and the vertical gap is 18.5", will the Dell fit in here????? Hope so.

I have looked on the dell website and have the dimensions etc but I am not dure what the height (minimum) is on the stand, if anyone could put theirs at the lowest adjustable level and measure the height I would be eternally greatful.

Richie.

13. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

This is a rough guide but if you say 5 inches as a safe bet.

14. toric334

toric334 What's a Dremel?

Gah! The price off the Dell website is back upto £754. :wallbash:

Seen some on Ebay for ~£500, cheapest shop is £630. This over the Acer 2423W because of it's multiple inputs.

15. richieb

richieb What's a Dremel?

Cheers for that, I have now got one!! and what a monitor.............
    Picked it up for £590 at pcbuyit.co.uk

16. Jomanscool2

Jomanscool2 What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone, sorry if this has already been discussed, I scanned through the 4 pages and didn't see it, but...

I am thinking of purchasing the 2407WFP display. I would be using it via DVI from my powerbook G4, VGA from my pc, and component for my xbox360.

The maximum resolution the XBOX360 outputs on comp. is 1920x1080 (1080p supposudly works with the new update).

How would the monitor handle this, if at all, and how would it look?

I called dell sales, and they said NONE of their monitors supports 720p, 1080i, or 1080p via component (didn't ask about other imputs) and I was shocked!

I can't believe this to be true.

I am currently using my 360 on a spare 17" 4:3 LCD I have (via VGA), and it is horridly small. It letterboxes every game, so it is even smaller! I want to be able to upgrade to this monitor and play my 360 fullscreen.

Thank you all in advance.

Tags: Add Tags