1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overclocking an asus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rikbikboo, 7 Dec 2006.

1. rikbikboo

rikbikboo What's a Dremel?

i cant seem to get the machine to boot even at 220 mhz fsb which is pitiful

i have never had problems overclocking by 10% before on any system i took it as standard.

there is an option in mybios that says jumperfree configuration. i wonder if there is a jumper on the motherboard but i just am clueless, there are so many settings and i am sure that i could get better result for 3d mark etc etc

oddly now when i run 3d mark i score less than my origonal post in the 3dmark06 thread. very odd.

any ideas?

also is there a program that will allow me to overclock my cards but be able to set the fan speed at the maximum all of the time.

i have looked at radlinker (i think) and ati tools that just crashes.

do these utilities support the 1950xtx atm?

also was going to try omega drivers but there is no crossfire button to turn on xfire

spec
    asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe latest bios (939)
    4800cpu x2 at stick
    2gb oc ram cas 2.5 200mhz
    2x x1950xtx 512 cards
    agiea 256mb pysx card.

but mainly why cant i overclock this motherboard? it will even fail on the ai nos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for help

2. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

ATI tool should work fine with your card, can you explain what is actually happening when you launch ATI tool ? also check out my Overclocking guide: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=113386

As for your motherboard make sure your HTT multi is set to 3x if that doesn't work try updating your motherboard bios.

3. rikbikboo

ati tool works ok but as i have 2 cards running in crossfire i can only control the fanspeed on a single fan.

also major problems trying to oc the cpu and mobo.

have beenreading all available posts in forums but not finding a fix for it.

4. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

what's your power supply?
    also try taking the RAM out of the equation by sticking it on the 333 divider.

5. rikbikboo

700watt psu will try setting ram at 333 and see what i get ty