1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows gaim 2.0beta5 away messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by Onyx, 22 Dec 2006.

1. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

hello, Gaim 2.0beta5 seems to save all of the custome away messaged in a history, regardless of weather or not you save them permantly or not. i am getting very agrivated at this and would like to know if theres any way to delete the away message history...

thanks for your help.

2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I'm still using the old stable version, but I assume the messages can be removed through Tools > Settings > Away Messages, just like in the older versions. As far as keeping all your messages, you should submit a bug report on it. Even if it is intentional, that sounds like a very bad behavior. If it is considered a feature, it should at least be an option and default to OFF.

3. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

you can only delete the messages that you saved. the saved message tab does not work for the ones in the history. I agree that it is a bad behavior of the program. however i cannot report a bug without first making a sourcefoge account. so im going to wait and see if anyone can solve the problem, here, then if not i will report.

4. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

does anyone know any alternatives to gaim, besides aim 6.0 beacuse i hate all of the adds

5. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

You could use Gaim 1.5 or *shudder* Trillian.

6. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

yea ive downgraded to 1.5, all problems went away. hopefully they'll fix all of there stuff for the final 2.0

thanks

Tags: