1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The bit-tech Awards 2006

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 29 Dec 2006.

1. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

what the........???? how about BIG TYPHOON!!! :(

IMO it cools BETTER than Zalman9500, cools other component well, CHEAP, and looks good! ok, its a pain to install, but cant u at least mention it!! :)

BT ***!!!

other than that, other winners seems very justified :) luvin it

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thermaltake Big Tyhoon ???

hmm, I'll give you a couple of reasons..::

1) Its a Thermaltake
    2) Its a Thermaltake
    3) It costs more than heatsinks with better cooling ability
    4) Its Ugly
    5) The mounting System ain't all that good
    6) Its a Thermaltake.

Does that help ??

3. GrahamC

GrahamC What's a Dremel?

This year I have mostly been .... trying to figure what the hell people see in Oblivion.. :wallbash:

One sunset a game doth not make. :hehe:

Joyous and peaceful New Year everyone.

4. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Good calls i would say. Especially in the game categories.

5. kliend

kliend What's a Dremel?

meh, gears should be game of the year. no doubt. I didn't find it that repetive, just the beginning, the later levels are the best and it gets much better in co-op. The multiplayer is top-notch even though theres not that many options. And more free stuff is coming from epic for multiplayer.

Also, I disagree with the benq as the dell has better quality image, has a better casing and a more adjustable stand, USB ports, card reader, amazing scaling, picture in picture, picture by picture, and is much cheaper after dell coupons (and who doesn't use those?)

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

1,2 and 6 = a bit prejudiced, dontcha think? Not everything they make is crap.
    3 = no it doesn't, it's around £20.
    4 = I've seen uglier and tbh it's a heatsink. No matter how ugly it is, as long as it performs, who cares?
    5 = You want to try some others that are highly rated, they're a bitch to install.

CoH 40win.

7. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I wouldn't be calling the Quad-core the most innovative product of the year. It's Pentium D all over again, but with Conroe chips. It's not natively quad-core in the same sense that the Conroes and X2s are natively dual-core. There's nothing new, nothing inovative, just a two-year-old idea rehashed with one-year-old chips.

(My vote would have gone for the Wii)

8. YorkieBen

YorkieBen What's a Dremel?

I agree with alot of the awards, but Quad core for innovation?

1) Its just 2 dual cores stuck together.

2) How useful is it? Its pretty damn hard to tax a quad core system to the point it is worth it over a dual core of the same speed in a real world situation

3) its pretty hot. Just as Intel solve the problem of heat and power output with the C2Ds they make a chip with practically the same TDP as a Prescott EE!!

I'd give the innovation to the Wii, because it has made motion sensing mainstream (previously it was almost as much as a joke as virtual reality headsets) and managed to bring in alot of non-gamers, females and 'older' people. Its also managed to outsell the far more powerful PS3.

9. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

Don't mean to be pedantic guys (well yes...I do actually :D ) but the photo of the Xbox360 controller is the wireless one (ie. not the one for XP) and not the one that the article referred to.

And yes, I have nothing better to do with my time, lol (I'm at work)

10. MrBionic

MrBionic What's a Dremel?

Why do you award the Zalman CNPS9500 the best for cooling, when the new one CNPS9700 is even better?

Not many people are aware of this new cooler, and not many shops are taking them in stock either for some reason. This is a shame, because it has a bigger diameter fan (110mm as opposed to 92mm with the CNPS9500), making it cool a much bigger surface area at lower noise levels.

11. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I Lol'd at your choice for console game of the year. :hehe:

12. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I too was wondering why that wasn't done.

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm with MrBionic. I'd never heard of this unit, but it sure looks impressive and it almost can't help but be better than the 9500, which Bit described as the best. How about a review, guys?

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Thank you :thumb:

1,2,6 = abit prejudiced. i kno lots of their products is crap. but BT is, in my honest opinnion, a true exception.
    3 = its $40CAD. thats like, wow, kenco u got it spot on! its about 20...err...i dont have that symbol on my keyboard :p
    4 = ugly is a matter of personal preference.
    5 = i told u its the only downside. its a pain to instal i agree :wallbash:

but depending on the case, it performs better than the z9500.

so, as i mentioned in my previous post: other than the mounting, id say its a pretty darn kickass cooling....

IT NEEDS A MENTION!!!! :rock:

thank you.

ps: im sorry, i forgot 1 more thing... name a cooler cheaper than the BT that performs better.name ONE. please. and proof it.

15. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed the article overall… but here are my points of contention:
    • Oblivion for RPG of the year? Yuck. It was fun till it was actually released.
    • Not so sure about Episode 1 for best FPS; I haven't played it though, just generally not too fond of the Half-Life games. Come to think of it, I can't even choose one candidate for FPS of the year. Perhaps Ghost Recon for lack of choice.
    • Intel quad-core for innovation? No way! As mentioned previously in this thread, it's just two dual-cores stuck together. The G80 has my vote.

16. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

Why wasn't zelda in the best console game cat. but you had a Tony hawk game?

17. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

pretty much agree with you on it.. apart from the screen HDCP is not a feature that one should desire as its widespread adoption will result in further restriction of not only media but also electronic devices. For example currently I build my own amplifiers and am thinking of building my own DAC with the advent of technolagys like HDCP this will no longer be viable. Dosen't anyone think in the long term?

18. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Because Loco Roco is the bestest of course! No other game can possibly be better. :rolleyes:

19. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

COH realy does rock i played it loads of tiems with my friends very stabe and does not crash and looks very good (cant wait for the DX10 patch for it)

cooler works well

The quad core is any thing new it’s an 805 D agene just 2x duo 6600 on an chip but still its neat if you do heavy encoding or video or CAD (games are barley 2 threaded yet never mind them getting to 4 any time soon)

G80 and the duo core 2 are properly innovation stuff as both are made from the ground up as band new products (NVIDIA G7x lower stuff has been added stuff on and Intel have just been making confusing new numbers that look faster to the users or just confusing them even more until duo core 2 was made)

-------------
    i agree with the statement of BF2142 been more of an BF2 mod then been an new game (TITAN mode) {it even has the same server crashing bug as it was based off/is 1.3 bf2 code as the servers Still crash at annoying times like 01:00 or 22:00 so the server never fills back up}
    Looks an little better maybe, the game came out as just for pure revenue (Do Not USE EA LINK, buy the disk)
    --------------

20. SaII

SaII What's a Dremel?

Com'on, a Zalman9500 for heatsink of the year?!?

ever heard of Tuniq 120?

Cools better than any HSF out there

Last edited: 30 Dec 2006
Tags: Add Tags