1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Sugden A21 70'S, [Update : 19 Jan 2007]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DjLECTRix, 9 Jan 2007.

1. DjLECTRix

DjLECTRix What's a Dremel?

Hi everyones I introdous my 3rd mod of computer. i know someone will ask me. your 3rd? because i never show here my 1st 2nd cause theses mods are really bad than the new one i make now. if someones want to see my 1,2 mods i will show you some pics later.

now time to explain my project and showin' my progress.

The name are selected by an vintage amplifyer i got 10 years ago called "J.E. Sugden A21" Pure class A system and i always love this rock amplifyer and isin a wood case thats why my computer will containt some woods and vintage parts.

for now i will show my amp
    [​IMG]

there's the beautiful vintage sugden a21 :)

Ok before the log progress i will explain my idea and new features will comes.

My computer is based with the case "Aspire X-Dreamer 1" i have begin to mod this case long time ago with just painting and trying to cut the middle and hide the hole with car repair tool and was a Disaster . anyway thats my misstake. and tonight i,ve changed my way and got this idea. if no ones know the x-dreamer i will show you some picture later.

1. I will make the front with a wood working hand like my amplifyer case
    2. Front features will get with vintage style with a Stereo Vu-meter 2x10 leds
    3. Fan controls, neons, lights and more stuff like with some vintages knobs. swtichs leds. and more
    4. No more plexiglass in front. no more car repair stuff on my computer.
    5. hides many wires because is really look bad. hehe
    6. many electronics features.

My new mod will takes fews times because i can't work it everyday but i will get here answer at yours all questions. and im open for IDEAS.

i hope i don't makes some confused by my real bad english :p but i just try to get better but my first language is french and i never get more than 3 years of real english classe.

thanks everyones and leaves comments and ideas ;) next. post comes with pictures of begin of my new idea.

see ya, Marc Aka Dj.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2007
  2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This shouldn't be in project logs untill you've actually started to modify it.

3. DjLECTRix

Progress begin here eveyones i make my front wood.

but first let me show my case first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

really look bad at this time but let me show you my first progress of my front wood working. "" really not finished yet ""

Back of the front i have glue some woods lates
    [​IMG]

Now there's the front wood
    [​IMG]

Side look now
    [​IMG]

Next Update: Vu-meter will comes with picture and the progress of the front with somes features.

Answer to DougEdey yes there's started sorry i just got a lazzy lagg from my internet and i wanna post again this :)

4. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

AHHHHHHH my eyes!!!! :waah: Clean up that wire mess god dang its everywere!!!

5. DjLECTRix

Supra55 yes that's really ugly i have many things to work on this case :D

Just for known i see more than 200 peoples look this thread and 2 answer.. no ones can just takes 3-4 mintues to reply and leaves somes ideas. i won't push anyone to reply but i wont some comments .. ;) thanks.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2007
  6. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Eh allot of people just don't post until you have quite a bit of the mod done, so don't get discouraged :hip:

7. DjLECTRix

hehe thanks you for ur encouragements ;) i will post more picture of the front workin' tonight but i know i dont have a lot to work now about this project cause i think maybe i will make the full case in woods. but for now i will just work on the front for match it with my current case before tryin with a full case hehe :D

8. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- What's a Dremel?

That series amp is fairly rare and sought after. If it has the richard allen logo on it, put it in a box and then on ebay. I love the simple, classic look of old electronics, but it's hard to tell from your posts where you're going with this. As they say, a drawing is worth a thousand words....

9. DjLECTRix

hehe yes thats a kinda rare amply thats' why i will never sell it on ebay, that the real vintage audio in pure class A system maybe thats not really heavy than the digital system today but its rare to see a system work more than 30 years ago. anyway i wont to broke it i wanna just make my front computer like my amp i will show you a drawing model of my idea soon but i want to leave an honor to my amp with my case mod and i will make it.

10. DjLECTRix

Little update about my project today i got my vu-meter stereo :) i let you see this vintage audio meter.

Vu-meter with original box
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this kit is already soldered cause thats really old one. but in 70's this kit was not soldered but i got this vintage part for really cheap price and i will mount it in my wood front and i will takes picture and video soon. and i will reply tonight with the progress of my front of my mod. :)

11. DjLECTRix

Update of the front

Update of the front

I working on the wood front and sandling and using plastic woods for repair broken woods.

[​IMG]

Plastic wood pawa!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sandring need coffe in the morning haha :p humm Coffee!!! :rock:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cuting the front for DVD-Burner and VU-Meter System
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next Step Staining with a Azur Blue wood stain Saman water based and after vernish too :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Jan 2007
  12. DjLECTRix

Update Interior

Update Interior

Btw i finish my wood front i have begin and finish to painting the interior of my case

First part to dismount the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painting part with Black gloss
    [​IMG]

and now the case is ready to use

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive painted this case with tremclad black gloss not really the best paint spray but is Ok hehe just a little long to dry.

Next Update the End of the Wood Front and the rest

thanks to leaves comments about my project see ya later all! :clap:

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Do those beer bottles have faces on them?

14. DjLECTRix

no there's 2 beer from my country hehe