1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Flow: January 13 update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by CasteR, 11 Jan 2007.

1. z4114

z4114 FACE!

Will you frost the edges of the sandwiched plexi to give it more of a spooky glow or do you want the pin point light to highlight specific areas?

<ot>you got a PM CasteR</ot>

2. CasteR

CasteR What's a Dremel?

well the picture is a little decieving because it is after all a picture.. the light will be further in towards the center of the tray so you won't be able to see any direct lights or anything of the matter.. its really just designed to light up the edges of the plexi and give a nice border look on the tray

Update later today probably. got a couple things done
    and i'm workin on somethin cooool :thumb:

Last edited: 12 Jan 2007
  3. CasteR

CasteR What's a Dremel?

small update

Well today i didn't get too much done. I had to go run some errands and register for classes at college! :blah:

But anyways. i mentioned an adapter before that i created for my PSU relocation..

here is wat i started with
    [​IMG]
    an old crappy spare psu. i will be using this socket thing(?) for the adapter. so it was unscrewed and the wires snipped with a little slack.

[​IMG]

I then took these very gnarly cutters i have(they seriously cut everything) and cut an extra power cable to the length i desired.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    woot! tearing things up is always fun! :rock:

wiring things with a fingernail that got sanded down from a belt sander... is not fun though...

[​IMG]
    so here's the three wires connected to the socket. they were then individually soldered and taped. and then taped as a whole

[​IMG]

and finally some heatshrink
    [​IMG]

plugged it in and it fired right up :thumb:

CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND IN THE CLOSET TONIGHT! :rock: :rock:
    [​IMG]

thermaltake 500w psu. even has the quick connect cables! :clap:

and here's a preview of somethin for later. and a pic of my keyboard/mouse/corner of my monitor haha
    [​IMG]

more to come soon!

What do you all think?

4. cedricb

cedricb What's a Dremel?

Looks nice, I like motherboard tray

5. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- What's a Dremel?

Cable looks good, are you planning to sleeve it? As for the mobo lighting, you would get a much more diffuse and consistent light if the edges were frosted. Even if you don't though, still a cool concept.

S

6. CasteR

CasteR What's a Dremel?

hey guys thanks for the comments

@Snafu-X-

Yeah I will definitely be sleeving the adapter cable. The wiring and heatshrink are perfect, but they just don't cut it on the looks aspect :hehe:

As for the motherboard tray.. I am still kicking around the idea of frosting the edges for the more diffused look. It would certainly look just as good and it would allow me to put the leds closer to the edge of the board for a brighter shine. we'll see though with time :thumb:

7. CasteR

CasteR What's a Dremel?

Small update tonight! Went to Lowes! Roamed around for a long while and found a bunch of cool stuff that i picked up.

[​IMG]

When i saw this an idea popped into my head that i couldn't resist...[​IMG]

More updates very soon!

:dremel:

8. Yutani

Yutani What's a Dremel?

Looking good looking good. Nicely polished man. Me likes!