1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Company of Heroes

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Veles, 14 Sep 2006.

1. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

I'd be part of some Bit-tech Scrims, but only online.

As for the people who say Allies are underpowered, well you're wrong. Allies start a lot stronger; they take less time build up a decent force made up of infantry or light vehicles. So as long as you are Allies and quickly take the majority of the map it is very difficult for the Axis to come back and attack you because they just don't have the resources to build up their expensive tanks or acquire veteran status. But if the Axis are left to build up an army with plenty of resources they ultimately should win because of the Kampkraft centre allows you to research veteran tanks, troops (etc.) which perform much better, unlike the battle experience system the Allies use.

Well this is how I have found the game, baring in mind I have only done the first two levels of the campaign but have been playing online.

So I think the Axis team is the easier side to win a multiplayer game with, but it is not impossible with the Allies if you know what you are doing. :D

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah they've modelled the two armies on a similar line to the Space Marines (Axis) and Orks (Allies) in Dawn of War. Those two armies work in a similar fashion if you ask me.

It plays a treat on my Macbook Pro with most stuff at High and the odd effect on medium. I love the visual look of the game - reminds me a little of the old Commando games. I was expecting to love the infantry aspect and be irritated by the armour (as I am by DoW) but the armour works superbly well and has a really good feel to controlling it.

I played the old Microsoft series of Close Combat titles to death (on and offline) and this seems like the logical continuation of this if you ask me.

BTW I'm up for any arranged games online.

3. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

for those of you interested in some organised coh/dow scrims, try this nice little app out:

http://www.hamachi.cc/

Network name = bit-tech
    Password = coh

I play regular dawn of war using hamachi (creates a vitural network to play through LAN multiplayer).

4. SeBbY_007

Well, I'm up for online games, can't do Hamachi, networked shared folders, long story.

5. nicotine

nicotine What's a Dremel?

I'm up for online games as well, just not through Hamachi. Although I will probably get destroyed I still am up for it.

6. J-Mag

J-Mag What's a Dremel?

Is there anything that you get besides a sense of accomplishment when you unlock all the medals?

7. nicotine

nicotine What's a Dremel?

Ah I love this game. I was just plaing as the Axis on Semois. I held the superior position on my side of the river barracading all the choke points with my men and holding all the victory points. I stationed Nebelwerfers in the graveyard near the church and constantly shelled the Allied base.

Just a tip for those playing this map: get a sniper in the church ASAP regardless of side. I played 2 games on this map, one as Allies and one as Axis and getting a sniper in the church gives you a major advantage over the main chokepoint from the allied base. My allied sniper was able to monitor the second point and he managed to reach top veterancy with little effort because of all the Axis troops attempting to cap the center point. As Axis my sniper had an easy time of slowing an infantry advance across the bridge especially when combined with Pak 38's and machine guns.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Bragging rights, and I think thats about it :p

Although there could be I'm not sure, didn't manage to get 2 or 3 of them.

9. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

So any of you guys still played in the past week I've stopped and played the new PES6 but I definately regularly play, I'm a level 4 (axis) and level 3 (allied) tbh I suck ass at allied. Lastly, add me if you see me: ou7blaze.

If anyone wants to arrange matches perhaps 2v2 with me and my friend send me a PM with maybe your msn email?

However I am located in Hong Kong GMT+8 I think but I'm up late anyway so yeah. :)

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Not played CoH in a long time, not thats it's a bad game it's fantastic online, it's just the lag is awful :(

11. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Net lag or hardware, as I already said I'm all the way in Hong Kong and I don't get lag, if anything it's hardware lag since my computer is about 2 years old but it's okay...

BTW, the net performance bar you see just before the game loads in the game lobby is rubbish don't trust it.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's network lag, my PC can handle the game fine, I think it's something to do with people using routers, even though I have all my ports open and stuff, and am using 4Mb cable broadband, I still get pretty bad lag in every game I play.

It's not really the lag that bothers me though, it's more that when you do lag you get people who kick you off, even if everyone in the game is lagging. Although you get nice people who don't kick unless someone is lagging really badly.

13. SeBbY_007

Apparently a patch is coming up soon to try and address some issues, basically most people get lag unless they play on network. At least that's what I've heard.

For me it varies server to server, but I normally have some lag on any server.

14. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I can't believe i was humming and ahhing over this since release. I picked it up today and am blown away by the quality of it.
    I've only done the first mission but everything about this game is just amazing!

This is so much better than Warhammer Mark of Chaos that i had recently.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah it's an awesome game, been playing it a lot over my network now with my housemate who finally got a pc who that can play it. Been doing 2v2, us v computer opponents. It's absolutely fantastic.

16. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

It is indeed an awesome game but I've not played it in about a month now since I got Battlefield 2142... :D

17. SeBbY_007

Brilliant game, still not completled it all. But, going online over Teamspeak is more of a laugh.

18. jakeiswicked

jakeiswicked What's a Dremel?

Amazing game for sure.. i haven't really done much on the Campaign yet but even quick skirmishes are amazingly fun! Great graphics, "even my rig" can run it close to max with acceptable frames, might be different online though. Will get round to playing it more now i found my soundcard was causing my crashes :sigh:

19. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I love playing with my freinds who just started to play against normal computer opponents. They love playing the "wait in base and build massive infantry army" style.

I JUST LOVE it when I send a V1 rocket and all I see is +1exp, just makes me get a bloody stomach ache from laughing so hard.

20. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

Whoops worong thread sorry lol

Tags: