1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V DVD Disc's Hmmmmm.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxxbasher, 29 Jan 2007.

1. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

Hi all, Need some help as usual, I need to buy some DVD discs, but what on earth do i buy, i went to my local shop and the choice is so complicated and confusing.
    The thing i do know is that i need DVD+R's as my home dvd player plays this type and my PC will play both DVD+R and DVD-R, but what about speed ratings i have seen some for 8x and some for 16x, i have seen dual layer ones(expensive) and ones which are dyed.How the hell do you pick which ones to buy. HELP.

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

svp.co.uk is a great place to buy and has a huge range with helpfull comments.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

BigPockets are usually my first port of call these days for media ;)

4. maxxbasher

Yeah but what do i buy, the choice seems endless, 8x 16x dual layer, i don't have a clue.

5. tphilly1984

tphilly1984 What's a Dremel?

i will always use and stick by Ritek disks. I find them reliable and good value. There is a choice of DVD+R and -R and the faces are printeble too

try scan.co.uk they are pretty well priced for all things puter

6. maxxbasher

Ok, but what do i buy 8x or 16x, dual layer, or none dual layer, ones with dye or ones without, whats the best to buy, i don't want to buy discs that won't play with my equipment.

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Find out how quickly your dvd writer can write to blank dvd discs (google the model number, found in device manager). If you're wanting compatibility with your dvd player, obviously go for DVD+R. You can get any speed, tbh, as the dvd writer drive will write to it as quick as it can. So if you get a bundle of 16x and the drive only writes at 8x, it'll only write at 8x (or slower).

8. maxxbasher

Ok, thanks alot :D