1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Would this work?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mjd, 2 Feb 2007.

1. mjd

mjd What's a Dremel?

Bit of an odd one, but I am hoping one the sparky gurus can help.
    I have a digitech RP100 effects pedal for my guitar. I just picked this up second hand, knowing it has an iffy power supply connection at the back. My question is, as the unit will run off six 1.5v AA batteries, is it safe to chop the end of the adaptor and hard wire straight to the battery terminals? The pedal wont be going anywhere and will be fixed to a pedal board.

Sorry if this is a complete recipe for disaster, but consider it a sign of respect for your knowledge and skill :)

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It'd work fine, although you'd be better opening the unit up and soldering to the original terminals (that the connecter should be attatched to).

It'd look neater and you wouldn't have any problems with the wires.

3. mjd

mjd What's a Dremel?

Thats great - thanks!
    I had considered replacing the socket, but soldering isnt exactly my forte and I was concerned I may do more harm than good.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Well in that case a couple of croc clips would be easy to fit, and you could just clip them straight onto the terminals, they should fit inside the battery compartment fine :thumb:

5. mjd

mjd What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your help - thats great :)