1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Better pics of the X-men case mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by daydreamingknight, 17 Aug 2002.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

I got my hands on a good camera! I started a new thread since I was loading the other one with pics.

I took a few new pics and have some questions for everyone. This first one is the fangrill and clear cdrom stealth covers. I have some sanding to do to square up the covers and I'll be ready to attach the pic to the blank bezels. My question is how do I go about attaching them? Would double sided tape work? In the pic I have used masking tape to tape the edge to the bezel, but if I go that way I need to color the tape so it looks better, like blue or black permanent marker. Any suggestions?? I thought about just going with the plexi, but I think it'll be stronger this way.

I will attempt to do another X this weekend for the fangrill. You can see in the pic it's not finished. Once I get a good X I think it'll look pretty dam good!

Remember, these mods are going into a Blue Alum Cheiftec, not the Viper case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a blue version of Wolverine...think it'd look good(or maybe a yellow version, that'd stand out against a blue case!!!) with the blue case or would the color version look better??

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the comments everyone!!!

DDK

2. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

a quick question:
    are you sandwiching the picture between two bits of plexi, or just puting on the front of one?

the fan grill looks good btw

Bentos

3. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

nice, ****ing nice

4. daydreamingknight

Right now it's a blank bezel, picture, and plexi. I posted in the other thread an idea about using two pieces of plexi. I'll test the idea out this weekend. The idea is have the whole pic of Wolverine on the bottom pic and on the second pic just have a cutout of his claws...go for a 3-D effect.. so it'd go full pic/plexi/claws cutout/plexi.........

DDK

5. daydreamingknight

the floppy drive cover

I took a break from the cd covers and did the floppy drive cover. One solid piece of plexi, cut with a dremel:

[​IMG]

I will add two holes to the bottom for the 2 CC buttons.... It's hard to see so I quickily made a crappy pic to put behind it. I know its ugly and not cut well, but you get the idea. Not the final pic for the floppy stealth!

[​IMG]

like??

DDK

6. daydreamingknight

stealth drives....

I have three of the four bays done, the bottom one is covering the smart card/USB ports, which will be hacked for the new case. In the bottom bay will go the baybus, which I haven't done yet, I hope the switches and LEDS from the baybus look ok in plexi. I think its makes my plain Enlight case look better, should look even better in the Chieftec case!

What do you think so far?? My girlfriend loves it. (she's a gamer!! wohoo!!)

back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DDK

>>> For reference, pic before mods started:

[​IMG]

7. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

Re: stealth drives....

that looks very nice... even if i don't like cartoons especially, it's very nicely done :D

needs continuing tho ;)

Alaric

8. relix

relix Minimodder

idd very nice! love it!

9. macroman

macroman The One

That looks really cool :D
    Keep it coming:p

10. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Thant looks so :dude: keep it up dude. That case is going to look mental once you've finished it.

11. daydreamingknight

Keep in mind these will go into a new alum Cheftec case! I'll make a yellow version to see how it looks. I'll get the 4th cover done this week, just need to take a break!

Thanks guys!!

DDK

12. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

very impressive, If i ever decide to do a themed case this method will be covering up the drive bays....

13. daydreamingknight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything is going well.... I discovered better ways to do this while in the process, I plan on making new ones for the chieftec case. These are not final versions...just a test run.....

I can see this method used in many ways...ecthed, multicolored, frosted, mirrored......

DDK

14. Galvatron

Galvatron What's a Dremel?

looks real nice man :)

keep it up

15. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

VERY NICE :)

that looks nice dude !!!!

PS

X-Men ROCK !

16. daydreamingknight