1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X1950pro Install Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Supergoal, 18 Mar 2007.

1. Supergoal

Supergoal What's a Dremel?

I recently downloaded the latest driver from the offical website only for my computer to reject the idea of installing the Catalyst Control Centre and continously give me error messages such as this one:
    [​IMG]

The actual device driver seems to install fine as there is no glitches or apparent hiccups. The problem with the catalyst software not installing is that it stops me from changing graphics setting such as V-sync and other things that I need for my setup.

Any help appreciated

2. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I suppose you could reinstall windows, or try using a program to fully remove the drivers and reinstall the drivers, or try using ATI Tray Tools to change those settings, you'd have to google for the link to the tray tools as I don't have one. It's unofficial but has a lot of sweet settings options, and all the ones the Catalyst does.

3. Supergoal

I would like to enter the ATi tray tools but it won't open. Out of the whole package, only the driver installed okay.

I did seach on the net for this ISScript file, I downloaded the one I needed version 8, but even after successfully installing that, still the same error message pops up. Which leads me to believe that this is nothing to do with what the error message is reporting in the first place!

4. Gravemind123

Best idea is to completely remove and reinstall all drivers. If that doesn't work, reinstall XP.

5. Supergoal

Yeah I was kind of hoping that would be a last hope kind of thing to do.
    Overall my system runs fine so just for the benefit of having a few graphical options at hand it does seem abit extreme to re-install Windows (again) for such an apparently small fix. :wallbash:

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You don't have to download the complete drivers package (i.e. the one which includes the Control Panel). ATI also offer a file which contains just the drivers.

If you must have it... then download the ATI Tray Tools separately - from the likes of Guru3D :idea:

He never suggested going to the trouble of reformatting, and reinstalling Windows :confused:
    He simply suggested uninstalling, then re-installing the graphics drivers ;)

7. Gravemind123

Well, I said if the graphics driver uninstall doesn't work, then a windows reinstall would be the other thing I would try. It's a pain to reinstall windows, but I end up doing it at least 3 times a year for different reasons. It's a good idea to partition your drive off so that when you reinstall you lose as little data as possible.

8. Supergoal

Update: I finally fixed the problem.

I had to remove the Catalyst controler centre which was giving me the error messages whenever I tried to open it, then use the original install CD that came with the graphics card, install the drivers and control centre again. Which worked fine!
    Apparently this error message I get happens when .Net framwork is missing but since I had the control centre previously installed which requires .Net to work, it was probably a corrupt file somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Just to add, isn't it odd that all of a sudden your computer can come up with error messages for no clear apparent reason...