1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Orbital upside down?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Slim Slotloader, 26 Mar 2007.

1. Slim Slotloader

Slim Slotloader What's a Dremel?

Hi again.

Got a little problem here....going to install a matrix orbital mx2 on a project, but due to limited space i would need to put it in upside down.

Now i wonder if the text could be flipped over so i wouldn't have to stand on my head while reading it :D

Anyone got a solution for this problem? Thanks

2. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

No, sadly you cant, due to the limitations of character LCDs. However, you could open the MX2 up and physically turn the display itself upside down and extend the wires as necessary if your really need to....

Post pics!

ch424

3. Slim Slotloader

Slim Slotloader What's a Dremel?

Oh bugger, thanks for the info

*The problem is with thr pins sticking out the back, but i might aswell cut them off if i can't figure out a way to flip the screen physically. I'll just be using on the USB anyway.

And about the pics...it's basically a system built into a VHS/DVD player, but hastily made of scrap parts, nothing much to show :) had to take alot of "shortcuts" and...well let's just say it's not aesthetically pleasing :p

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

If you haven't actually bought the MX2 already, have a look at the USB LCD controller that the good people of bit-tech are working on... You may be able to make it small enough for your application...

If you have bought it already, you couldn't possibly tell us which chips are on the MX2 could you?
    Edit: Don't worry about the chips, I've found it uses a PIC and some FTDI chip to achieve the USB.

thanks

ch424

Last edited: 26 Mar 2007