1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New computer. with an issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by epidemik, 31 Mar 2007.

1. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

Heya fellas got new system last week

p4 intel duo 2.13ghz
    Corsair Performance 2 x 512mb kit 800mhz 4-4-4-12.
    PCI - E Sparkle 8800GTS 320mb
    ASUS p5wDH DELUXE

And using my existing harddrives

1 x 36gb raptor
    1 x 250gb westerndigitial

1. What ya reckon of the specs? running vista ultimate 64x and sometimes it lags... the memory is up to 70% .. WEIRD???
    2. The main problem.... i keep hearing the sound of my hard drive turning off as like when you turn the pc off... but instead im just online when i hear it...
    and sometimes when i boot the pc on all the hardware is running but the moniter still displays black.... and i have to unplug the PCI - e cable and replug it on to the GFX and turn pc back on and the screen boots up.

Could this be a result of a power supply issue? the power supply is a Antec true power 2.0 480watt about 2 years old now. Everything was fine until i upgraded my hardware except the powersupply .

2. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

bumppp??

3. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Looks like the power supply in a little under rated, you could try unplugging the 36gb drive first and see if that helps, just use the 250gb with the OS, but with dual core processor and PSU intensive graphics card you could be in trouble.
    I've read some of the top range graphics cards can use 450W anyway, have you read the power usage of your card and added up the numbers?

4. nazomcg

nazomcg Minimodder

Its probably the RAM. I found that 1 gig just wasn't enough to run vista comfortably, stuck in another gig and now it pretty much flies along

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

^ignore that, it's definitely not the memory, although 1gb is a little small for vista^

i would be one for the powersupply too. sounds like it's power cycling to avoid overloading.