1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: UV flame - dual loop (P180) [FINISHED: 10/23/2008]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by marauder16, 3 Jan 2007.

1. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

thnx wbdog206 =)

hi guys, well I'm a little late with this update, but here it is:
    here are the bases drying:
    [​IMG]
    now, after I filled and bled the setup as much as I could without turning the pump on (took me a good 2 hrs) I started to leak-test, put some handkerchiefs around to indicate the leaks:
    [​IMG]
    well had only a few leaks, and thy were only around the EK barbs in thew pump and the Storm, it seems EKs need some tool tightening to fit well enough. And now, I have no more leaks, so I removed the handkerchiefs and here it is:
    [​IMG]
    I had to tilt the case and ad more water a couple of times cause the pump found more air somewhere in the loop (the rad, I believe) and that took me another 2hrs to complete. Now the loop is running for a nice 20hr time with only small bubbles forming on the edge of the T-line, but a little tilting will solve everything. Will leave it like this till tomorrow, when I'm gonna drain the loop (it had only distilled water in it for the test, and additional cleaning) and put the 5% Zerex mix in it for the final bleeding process, after that the hardware goes in :D

2. marauder16

Hy guys, time for another update, we are nearing the end, I believe the next update will be the final one, well for now, who knows what I'll change in the future on it. Let's take a look:

First I had to drain the whole loop cause there was only distilled water in it, man that was a pain:
    [​IMG]
    Solved the T-line problem, I just unscrewed it, pushed the tubes harder, and it went on, simple:
    [​IMG]
    Now I had to fill it up with a 5% Zerex and 95% distilled water mixture, and check the barbs, and that's how I left it for the night, just to get all the bubbles out before getting the components in:
    [​IMG]
    looky what I bought today, more light:
    [​IMG]
    and to test them all, yes, one (the furthest) glows brighter than the others, no matter what inverter it is on, lol:
    [​IMG]
    now, to prepare the mobo, have to reseat all the HSs, man what a mess, DFI what were you thinking:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after cleaning them and putting AS Ceramique on all of them (AS 5 on the CPU of course), I returned them to their places, added some more HSs, i.e. on the clockgen chip.Sorry for not having 'during the work' photos, I just forgot to take them.
    And after a lot of trouble and work the mobo was in:
    [​IMG]
    I left it one other night with the pump running like this, because I didn't have more time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now to see today's work, just got to love zip-ties =)
    I have one problem to begin with, this pump has a RPM measurement connector, well the connector dropped off of mine and I'm not sure if I put it back right, on the right pin. If anyone could tell me by looking at this picture (someone who has this pump of course or can find it's picture on the net) is this the right pin?
    [​IMG]
    now let's see some pictures of what I did today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that cable just hanging out there is going on it's place, it's that rpm measurement thing...
    [​IMG]
    nothing much changed here:
    [​IMG]
    a cable-hiding place =))
    [​IMG]
    got a new corner-cable, any suggestions how to get rid of it's ugly color?
    [​IMG]
    still have to find place for one more fan =) don't know if I'm gonna put it or not:
    [​IMG]

comments, suggestions? and stay tuned for another update after a couple of hours, the last one...

3. marauder16

OK, this is the final update, minor changes are always possible, but officially, this project is complete! I hope you enjoyed it, here goes the last update:

Finished sleeving the new cathodes:
    [​IMG]
    And their cables:
    [​IMG]
    moving onto the switch-port:
    [​IMG]
    man how fast the work goes on pictures, here it is assembled, it works:
    [​IMG]

Not to bother you with work pics, here it is, the final pictures: (sorry for the none-flash pictures being so blurry, this is the best I could do with this camera...)
    [​IMG]
    lower neons:
    [​IMG]
    inverter one:
    [​IMG]
    inverter two:
    [​IMG]
    and three:
    [​IMG]
    the hidden lamp:
    [​IMG]
    the front:
    [​IMG]
    some UV-on pictures: (blurry...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now with the side panel on:
    [​IMG]
    and more UV:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    in dark:
    [​IMG]

I decided not to put on the left side panel, doesn't do any help, only disturbs airflow for the rad, and nobody can see it back there, if anyone wants pics with it on, just ask ;)
    I hope you liked this project, I know I enjoyed working on it, see you on my (not so soon) next project featuring a TJ-07 or U2-UFO, now I have to go and tweak this monster...
    oh, and any comments and maybe some changes suggestions would be much appreciated. (yes, I'm going to do something with that ugly PSU cable, and that add. fan was dismissed, couldn't put it anywhere...)

cheers, :thumb:

Matija

Last edited: 8 Feb 2007
  4. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice, REALY nice! :thumb:

5. marauder16

thanks man =)

6. P.P InDaHouse

P.P InDaHouse What's a Dremel?

nice modding project

congratulations :thumb:

7. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Nice work, really nice, and a really UV flamed pc!
    See you next time, with a new mod :-]

8. RxPIXel

RxPIXel What's a Dremel?

thats pretty amazing yo very nice work

9. marauder16

thnx guys very much! :D

10. calib3r

calib3r What's a Dremel?

Sweetness!

11. RonaldoR9

RonaldoR9 What's a Dremel?

veryu nice

asuggestion for stealthing the front of the pcu , maybe u could just cut out some ac ryan black meshx panel and place infront

it would make it look much better =)

12. marauder16

thnx calib3r ;)

thnx for your suggestion, I already did cut one piece to go there, but it doesn't fit there anymore cause the PSU cable takes too much space, and I can't push the PSU further in the case, but thnx for trying to help :thumb:

13. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

looks good, red and black make a cool case overall

14. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

why not just spray paint the cable black

15. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

I like all the work youve put into this case, but i think youve ruined the beauty of this case. If you stuck with the original silver.grey externals and done all that you have done, it would look a lot prettier.

Though great work on putting it all together :thumb:

16. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

try using vinyl dye on the power cable...

17. marauder16

thnx dude ;)
    I might just do that, though no time know, since I don-t have any paint at home, and I'm busy with clocking it :D
    thnx, I now I 'ruined' it's simplicity, which was the reason I bought it, but I just love this red-black combination so it had to get painted, couldn't leave it grey :)
    I will think of sth later, but thnx for the idea :thumb:

18. marauder16

hi guys, long time no see, I'm planning of totally redoing the internals of my system, I'm adding the NB block in the loop and adding an active memory cooler, I also found a black PSU cable to solve that color problem, that all should take care of the crowded space around the mobo, and I'll also have three spare fans to add on the other side of the PA to help that side be cooled a bit better with the new block in the loop.
    waiting for the parts to come in, I'm counting on an update next weekend, cheers :D

19. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

It looks really good so far man. I particularly like the colours you chose, especially on the inside.

I'm looking forward to see this completed. Good modding!

20. marauder16

thnx man ;)

Tags: