1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having slow bootup problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Henchman:crg, 5 Apr 2007.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

I've got a fresh install of XP on a dual core AMD with 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD, also got a decent nvidia 8900 256MB, fresh install of XP, installed firefox (of course), skype, msn .net version, open office, drivers for printers, etc.
    it's gone from 8 second start-up when freshly installed to now to over 2 minutes start up with the list of things installed.

I have started in with logging, but the delay is some time after the last driver is loaded, so I have no idea what is causing the delay.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can find out what's causing it?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's either the driver directly before, or directly after the pause. Have you installed all the windoze updates?

3. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Well despite the OS giving me no help in tracking this down I finally found the reason.
    My Epson colour inkjet 915 causes the computer to take about 3 minutes to start up when it is turned on.
    I have installed the latest drivers, makes no difference.
    The only solutions I have are make sure the printer is off when I turn on the computer or buy a different printer, unless someone can give me a better suggestion?

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Uninstall the Epson status monitor.