1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the logitech G7?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mother-Goose, 10 May 2007.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For photoshop, I admit, it could be useful - but sniping? Personally I can manage a good headshot and then run around without needing a pair of buttons to mess about. No slander on you, but I just don't feel the need for it.

2. HitmanAdski

HitmanAdski What's a Dremel?

3. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Get the G5! I read somewhere that Logitech suit the person that uses there hand for moving the mouse and the Razer fingers??? Dunno about that!

Edit: someone mentioned it already!

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Some games jsut have weird options, for example in Battlefield 2 I can run around and shoot normally, but if I get into a vehicle like the tank then I sometimes find my mouse isn't sensitive enough so I bump up the dpi without messing with ingame options. Same for missiles on helicopter, which is way too jerky.

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

basically there is no deficit in performance between the G5 and G7, the wireless is not a hinderence because there is always a battery in the mouse and then a battery charging and they are hot swappable. The batteries take the place of the weights, I like my mouse being heavy as well.

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

7. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I own both Logitech G5 and G7 and they behave equal.
    The two battery packs (it's alreay mentioned here, but it can't be repeated too often) allows you to use your mouse while you are recharging the other battery pack. And it only takes you a couple of seconds to swap the batteries. The battery pack also easily slides out of the mouse once you push the eject button (like the clip in a pistol, kinda cool heh?).

I admit that the carbon fiber LAN edition of the G7 is much cooler, it comes in a carrying box with cable ties but costs a lot more. I own the first edition of G7 and I don't think it's ugly or gay at all.

There is also one more difference between G7 and G5 besides connectivity and that is the coating. The G5 has a coarse surface while the G7 has a polished glossy surface.
    But I like them both.

The reason why the first edition G5 and the G7 (both edition) only has one side/thumb button is because Logitech thought most people used the back button (which is the default action) the most and very seldom used the forward button. I never use the forward button when surfing so I didn't mind them removing that extra unused (again for me) button. But people are different and that's why Logitech released a second edition with the forward button back in place.

Also some pictures:

Logitech G7 LAN Edition:

[​IMG]

Logitech G7 (1st edition) package:

[​IMG]

Logitech G5 vs. G7:

[​IMG]