1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Geforce 8800gtx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DoomBringer, 14 May 2007.

1. DoomBringer

DoomBringer What's a Dremel?

Hi all. newbie here. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Geforce8800gtx with Dx10 supports Dx9 or lower :duh: . This is because im looking to get a new pc with the 8800. Also play cod2 loads so was wondering if the game will play ok on the new pc.

DoomBringer :thumb:

2. crazy55

crazy55 What's a Dremel?

it will play it at the highest settings

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

yes the 8800 series runs DX9 and below, i run COD2 and it looks so nice!!!

4. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:thumb: Consider the 8800GTS (or possibly HD2900XT) which can save you a fair bit of cash. If the rest of your PC isn't very high-end (eg C2D 2.6ghz+ with 2GB+ RAM) it would make a lot more sense to spend some fo the GPU cash there. If you want the best of course 8800GTX is it, esp the super-clocked versions.

5. trig

trig god's little mistake

agree with austin...bang for buck it seems like the 640 mb gts is the winner...but prices have changed so im not sure if that is still the case....but if ur running a 22 in lcd or smaller, then a gtx is almost a waste...

6. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

If your planing on getting the 8800 GTS because the GTX/ULTRA is to expensive think about the HIS Radeon HD 2900XT, this card is better than the GTS, nerly as good as the GTX/ULTRA and is priced in the middle of the both!

7. DoomBringer

DoomBringer What's a Dremel?

Hi guys

Many thanks for your thoughts on this thread. Its has given me food for thought especially size of monitor in relation to what the PC/Graphics Card can deliver etc. (so in this case, size does matter and make a difference in a lot of ways) :lol: never really gave that a thought to be honest.

I think that the other cards you guys mentioned are an option with the pc i'm looking at so there is probably a saving on a few pounds there for me. :clap:

Many thanks again for the help guys.

DoomBringer :thumb:

Last edited: 15 May 2007
Tags: