1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Wiring On Viraboard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kazama, 7 Jun 2007.

1. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

i have a question... i want to brighten my inner pc case. and i want to use some leds to brighten it rather using uv cathode. i wanna ask, which is better, solder it on veroboard or just solder it with wires??

2. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Soldering on the wires would be fine if you used narrow heat shrink on each leg and a larger one over both legs to make sure it was on solidly and to prevent stressing the joint. (you can just put

Using veroboard would be more suited to multiple LEDs in one point.

3. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

oh, i see. i think i wanna use veroboard, much better.

4. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

if i use led, can i run my pc 24 hr? i afraid the led may dead after 24 hr.

5. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

If it is of reasonable quality and has the correct current running through it. The LED should outlast the PC.

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

dont worry about it, LED's have multi hundred thousand hour life spans thanks to their internal workings. Since theres no filament or pretty much anything for that matter, theres no componants that wear-out.

7. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

If you are doing anything permanent with the leds - embedding them in things or glueing them, leave them switched on at full power on breadboard or something for a good week or so. This kills off the dodgy ones, so the rest should last a long time.

8. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

but i think maybe i can use a switch to on/off the leds. switch on the leds during night much better.

but i have another questions, i use protel 99 SE to make the pcb. what other software did you all use to make the pcb??

9. geogecko

geogecko What's a Dremel?

LOL, I haven't seen someone mention Protel 99SE in a long time. I used to use that a while back. It should work fine for what you need. You could also use the Freeware version of Eagle.