1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [07/07] Macro flower

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by eldiablo, 3 Jul 2007.

1. eldiablo

eldiablo What's a Dremel?

I was just walking a bit around the house to see if i found something elegant and tried this.
    [​IMG]

2. Echo

Echo What's a Dremel?

Try taking with an even less cluttered background. I'd get rid of the other flowers and darken the background, and perhaps focus some light just on the flower. Hopefully would be more striking. The best pics of flowers I've seen are where the photographer appears to have made light his/her subject, rather than the actual flower, if you get what i mean. but the angle you've got the flower at is really cool. :thumb: Make sure the focus is exactly where you want it to be.

3. LostInTranslation

LostInTranslation What's a Dremel?

hey Echo, I think that's a very simple way of putting it (I mean that as a massive compliment).

I have an image in my head of an orchid with a single ray of light falling across it. It was exactly as you describe; somehow the focus of the photo was the light itself, it looked really remarkable. I saw it a long time ago, but it just sprang to mind when i read that :)

Tags: