Windows Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ElThomsono, 2 Jul 2007.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Has anyone else completed this yet?

I originally got it for the nostalgia factor, but the gameplay was excellent, Legend's on my buy next list because of it. I'd say it was fairly straightforward with a couple of difficult puzzles
    the centaur bosses had me stumped
    and overall the hardest part of the game was
    the jump inside the great pyramid that was timed, with three poles and two wallruns
    that probably took me 50 attempts to make :blush:

So now I'm making my way through trying to unlock stuff, it was only 12 hours to complete the main storyline so I'm hoping to get more out of it this way :)

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I downloaded the demo on steam and it wouldn't run either of my screens native resolutions.

3. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I've completed it. Enjoyed every minute except for a few stupidly difficult parts near the end (one of which you mention ELThomsono) but on the whole i was very impressed. I have still yet to find all of the artifacts and relics, which i will do at some point as i want to unlock the developer level. I have managed to get most of the alternate costumes including the original 1996 Lara model:D

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah the original model's shocking :D

Are you listening to the commentary? It's great, the informal "chat" is just like an episode of NBS :hehe:

5. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i finished it yesterday although the amount of relics and secrets i found was a bit pathetic:blush:

6. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

Not finished Aniversary yet, but legends was superb. Sat and did it in one sitting on a sunday (it's only about 8 hours) my thumbs still ache.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'm about 65% of the way through Legend now, it's just as good as Anniversary but with slightly less intuitive controls, IMO. I'd forgotten how good this series was, I keep trying to play TR III but XP's having none of it :rolleyes:

8. madmodder

Could always get a PS1 copy to play on the PS2.....if you have one that it I suppose.

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

No, but I have enough hardware to put together a Win 98 box, problem is I can't find the disc. I've probably lost the ability to install hardware the old fashioned way :blush:

It's just for the Nevada stages really, that and I don't think I ever completed it.

10. madmodder

AFAIK You can get Tomb Raider 3 on the PC from CEX for £3. Bargain IMO. :rock:

Tags: