1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Holidays

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 12 Jul 2007.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Went to a festival in Belgium a couple of weeks ago, which was fantastic - put Leeds, Reading, Tea in the Park, V, whatever to shame.

Off to Cornwall in another couple of weeks, which should be lots of fun.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

At the moment, standard as fitted to the bike: Rock Shox Tora 312 SL with rebound/lock-out/pre-load adjust. Would like some air shocks really, but spending half the value of the bike again on a good set (400 plus) seems a bit silly at the moment :\

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Just got back from Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Boston and Atlanta. All family and my high school reunion- all in 3 weeks. Whew! Now I really need a vacation.

4. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

Going to North Carolina with the whole family in mid August (place called Emerald Isle), should be just in time for Hurricanes!

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Glastonbury, a week in france and Reading Festival was/is my plans this year.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I just got back from the USA and Canada, three weeks travelling went to NY, Niagra Falls, Washington, LA, Gran Canyon,Las Vegas, San Franciso and a few other places on the way. Wicked trip other than the shitty United Airlines services or lack of it. Damn I have no idea how can anyone live and work in the heat of Las Vegas and Palm springs it was 116-124 degrees when i visited.

7. Lian Li Lover

Lian Li Lover What's a Dremel?

Reba dual airs are only £255 on wiggle atm, although if you're doing that sort of riding you'd probably want something a bit tougher.
    Also, those trails look really crowded.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Hey Hey all.

Im coming to you all from a small internet cafe in a town cqlled Emyet in the Dordoinge or whatever. Its been 30° basically all of the time, with clear skies.

Only problem is that this internet cafe has french keyboards!

9. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah, I'll probably go for some Fox Float RLs or something :) Need more travel than 100mm really. Gonna upgrade my wheels and hubs first anyway :thumb:

10. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Well having just finished college, the plan is to drink lots, find a proper full time job, as opposed to just working on a checkout, and also learning to drive. Not going away anywhere, because i'm totally skint at the moment, due to driving lessons.

11. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Well, thought I might bring this back to life.... so: what are you peeps up to this summer?

Personally, I'm getting started on a mod, joining a gym, getting a better LTA rating at tennis, doing some voluntary work, getting a driving license, doing an open university course in science, revising for the BMAT and UKCAT tests, preparing knowledge for Uni interviews, building a custom boombox, preparing a personal statement, learning japanese and refurbishing an old mercedes... I wonder how much of that I'll actually get done...

Last edited: 1 Jun 2008
  12. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Working. And most likely gambling that money away on online poker.

13. Major

Major Guest

Going Egypt

14. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

Going nowhere for the summer, but doing a cruise from san diego for a couple of weeks over xmas, then on to new orleans for a couple of weeks. If I can rake up enough cash I wanna head back to NYC for a week, but that bits only wishful thinking at the moment.

15. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Reading festival, and Vancouver at some point - although the latter isn't really a holiday, I'm thinking about emigrating next year and I want to see what it's like, and talk to some IT companies - apparently the job market for IT is really competitive, so I wouldn't do it unless I had a job sorted before I left.

AH

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Reading, 2 Weeks at home without parents & a 3 weeks with friends in Kent.

17. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

London on friday!
    Then Crete in July (all inclusive 5 star cant flippin wait lol) (book early to get good deals!)

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Waiting for my final uni results, then I'll know if I have a job or not.

God damn July 18th is AGES away

19. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Off to Portugal for 2 weeks on the 5th of July :)

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Not going anywhere as such, but me and the missus have both got a week off later in the month - going for the summer soltice at Stonehenge, Thorpe Park, and was thinking about taking her out for the evening, just not sure where yet.

Want to go to Australia in the winter - looking into prices for it at the moment, it's a place I've always wanted to go to...