1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irrational Vista boot??

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sunnyg, 19 Jul 2007.

1. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I am having problems with my vista booting. It only boots when the CD is in my of the drives. Otherwise it just says "DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK". when i insert the disk it says "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" however, i dont press anything. So it boots from my HDD's.

I've tried booting from my HDD manually using ESC but i get the same problem? It will only boot from my raptors when the cd is in the drive?

any ideas?

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

What's the boot priority order in your BIOS?

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I had that once on a beta version. Iirc, I downloaded Vista Boot Pro and it did some weird voodoo magics and promptly fixed it.

The disk boot error is your cmos not recognising there's a disk sat there with an OS on it, waiting to boot up. I'm not sure why it works with the boot cd in, must be some magic dust on it or something.

Last edited: 19 Jul 2007
  4. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

pop your Vista install disk in and boot from it when prompted, then choose the repair option and it will fix your boot sector. It's pretty simple with Vista. Also, once you get it fixed, double check your hardware and make sure everything is running properly, sounds like something is unstable and your install got corrupted.

5. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

ye, i've tried that. When i go to repair something it just says it cant work out what the problem is...

6. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Becuase i have raptors on raid0, i go to the repair section, then install the driver. then it says the problem is with some usb hardware that was install? however, i dont have any usb hardware installed???

I tried reinstalling totally and i still get the same problem. the computer doesnt bother booting from my hdd's and goes straight to BOOT FROM CD. Even when i manually ask it to boot from hdd's it still says BOOT FROM CD??

I have a dfi lanparty and in the bios i have set the primary boot device as HDD and the raptors as the Primary HDD. any ideas how i can fix this problem.

7. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Just a quick question. When i am install the new vista, how many drivers do i need to install at the same time for raid to work. In xp i needed to install 2, but i only install one this time. I am on a dfi lanparty dr so where do i get the nf4 chipset driver from along with the sata raid driver?

thanks

Tags: