1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress "Project Peacemaker" [100807:airbrushed Front]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 11 Jul 2007.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Hy

i think some of you might have seen my announcement for this new project in the "Tikki Aquarium" Thread.
    For all others a short introduction.....

A TV Show asked us if we would like to compete against another team of modders in a small 24 hour modding contest. I don´t need to say that we agreed.....:D
    Within the Contest each team got 24 hours time, a bundle of high end hardware, a working room and the goal to build germany´s most spectacular computer case. (After the building process the cases should be judged by the jury which also makes the official German Casemod Mastership...DCMM)

As you can think 24 hours is not very much time....especially with a camera team in your back....(all the time: can you do this again......lets make another take of this.....can you move this to there.....:jawdrop: a lot of stress but also a lot of fun!).
    Therefore it was a wise decision that we made a short plan what we want to do with this case before the camera team arrives so that we only had to work it out while their filming....

Our Plan contains that we want to integrate a fully funtionally RC Tank into our mod so that it can drive by itself on lan-party´s etc. Than we also want to give the complete case a rough look like it is a tank which directly comes back from the Warfront...but enough of talking here are the first pictures from the competition

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the small Teaser video
    Youtube Video Teaser

now after the contest is over we will complete everything that we couldn´t finish within the contest (and also make some minor changes) so that the mod will be ready for the GC in Leipzig to be showed

Last edited: 10 Aug 2007
  2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

wow that looks really good and in just 24 hours

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Should have been an SFF cube, imo. Would've looked better proportioned.

5. widmod

widmod Minimodder

nice mod :thumb:

wann kommt das ganze wo im fernsehen?

6. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks!! :thumb:

@widmod: das ganze soll am 190707 auf Pro 7 im Rahmen der Sendung Galileo gesendet werden. Will hoffen das es dabei bleibt....:) wird natürlich hier als video eingestellt!!

today we started to make the next parts for the Front of the Case.....they are not finished but that will follow tomorrow....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

beside that i started to engrave a small picture in the plexi side panel.....it´s not finished but a solid start...

[​IMG]

and here is a picture of the christmas tree which is integrated in our mainboard....:rock:..i love it (thank you MSI :thumb:)

[​IMG]

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

in the last couple of days we couldn´t do very much on this project because of another running custom build for a big software company which must be finished in the next weeks so that it can be showcased on the Games Convention in Leipzig this year....i will publish a worklog to this other projects in the next weeks....but up to now every other information is top secret :D

for our peacemaker project i only build a custom Cover, which will be placed on the side of the Drive Bays so that it hides the complete quick mount thing which is used in this case....

[​IMG]

8. Teyber

Teyber ******

hhahaha i loved the video in the tiki aquarium

guys the best part is that this pc MOVES!!!(unless things have changed?)

9. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

10. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

yesterday we cut the next parts for the front out of some plexiglas and aluminium,
    then we bended all parts and mount the first ones to see how it will look like when they are finished....

[​IMG]

11. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

ok over the day we made all missing parts for the front
    now we only have to bring all edges in a straight line to each other and then we can start to fix them in their final position ...but that will be done tomorrow...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

beside the work on the front parts we also made another cover which will be placed 2cm above the ground of the case to cover some cables....it´s not ready up to now but here you´ll have a first impression
    [​IMG]

12. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we wanted to finish all the small parts which will be placed on the front....but when we placed everything we thought that there was something missing in the lower part...

[​IMG]

so we decided to make 2 more parts which will be placed on the lower part....the first side is already done....but the second must wait until tomorrow.....

[​IMG]

13. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we made the last part (part 32) which will be placed on the front of the case....

[​IMG]

beside that we also made 8 triangles 4 plexi 4 metal, they will be placed on the left sidepanel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but that must wait until tomorrow.....screws are all in use.

Then i started to build the first LED Clusters, they will be placed behind the front parts to get nice glowing edges

[​IMG]

14. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Lol this is soooo funny. Great work.

15. vipersnake

vipersnake What's a Dremel?

Cool! Looks awesome.... Can´t wait to see more.:clap:

16. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

LOL! Subscribed!

17. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

:Dthanks a lot!!!
    :D

today i made a short test to see if the LED Module work and to see how it would look like on the case...

here is a pic of the testrun with only 1 module (3 leds) turned on

[​IMG]

then i built in the next cover, this time for the upper part to hide the PSU, it´s a little bit to big at the moment but i will correct that in the next steps....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

man the lite up plexi relly make's it stand out,
    looking good.

19. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thank you!!

here is a new picture with approx. 75% of the front lights built in and turned on (the rest must wait until i got new uv leds)

[​IMG]

20. vipersnake

vipersnake What's a Dremel?

It looks better and better , everyday! Real cool looking front when the lights turn on ... :thumb:

Tags: